The Buckingham Palace, on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen, has said it will address issues of race raised by Harry and Meghan in an explosive interview by Oprah Winfrey.
The statement said the whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.
This comes as the media has been asked to hold back and allow the family to sort out its problems.
The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning."
Meghan, 39, and Harry laid bare their brief lives as a working royal couple, alleging that a member of the family - not the Queen or Duke of Edinburgh - made a racist comment about their unborn son.
Winfrey was left open-mouthed when the American duchess - the first mixed-race member of the modern monarchy - said a fellow royal was worried about how dark their son Archie's skin tone might be before he was born.
The interview was watched by more than 11 million people in the UK on Monday night after 17 million Americans tuned in on Sunday night.
The statement released today by the Royal Communications added, "While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately."
Senior royals have called for calm after the much-anticipated interview which was heavily teased last week to ensure maximum impact.
Oprah asked Meghan how she felt about the Palace hearing her “speak your truth today”.
The 39-year-old former actress replied: “If that comes with risk of losing things, I mean... there is a lot that has been lost already.”
She also told how she refused to be “silent” due to the “active role that the Firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods” about her and Harry.
And the Duchess said she felt “liberated” after leaving the Royal Family after just 20 months.
Meghan claimed she was stopped from doing an interview with Oprah before her wedding to Harry, 36, in May 2018, alleging Palace aides even listened in on her call.
Both allegations have been dismissed as “absolute nonsense” by Palace sources.
Meghan’s TV chat came just days after the Palace launched an investigation ordered by the Queen into claims she bullied her staff.
Harry revealed he feared “history repeating itself” – a reference to his mother Diana’s turbulent relationship with the Royal Family. The Duke told Oprah the process of leaving royal life has been “unbelievably tough” for him and his wife.