Reprieve for Governor Ngilu as Wiper party ward reps back down
SEE ALSO :Kibwana calls for a ceasefire in KituiSpeaking at Migwani and Nzeluni Catholic churches in Mwingi West during a fundraiser on Sunday, Mr Nguli said the county assembly had mitigated the standoff that threatened to derail county business. “We have put our differences behind us. Our core value as leaders is for Musangi (common citizen) to get a decent life,” said Nguli. Ngilu welcomed the leaders’ resolve, terming it a move in the right direction. “My plan is to empower residents economically and ensure they enjoy the fruits of devolution. I will ensure their needs are taken care of,” she said. The governor said many opportunities had been lost in unnecessary acrimony between the assembly and the executive.
SEE ALSO :Water project restoredThe standoff intensified in December last year when the assembly rejected the governor’s supplementary budget and impeached Treasurer Executive Mary Nguli, citing corruption allegations. However, last week, the assembly cleared Nguli of the accusations, terming them unjustifiable and unsubstantiated.
We are undertaking a survey to help us improve our content for you. This will only take 1 minute of your time, please give us your feedback by clicking HERE. All responses will be confidential.