School left empty over poor results for years
Parents’ decisionThe decision to withdraw students, Saturday Standard has learnt, was reached during the holidays. Last year, the school run without Form Two students. There were 18 students in Form One and 13 in Form Three. The school had 26 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) candidates. When the school opened for its first term, the 21 students who were to proceed to the next classes failed to show up. Judy Waithira, a parent, said they opted to withdraw their children after eight teachers were moved on grounds of low enrolment. The parents also cited poor performance in KCSE. “Low enrolment has been a challenge but we have put in mechanisms to attract more learners this year,” a confident Kamau said. “The situation is not bad. We expect that by next week, there will be learners in the school,” said Kigumo Deputy Director of Education Paul Kigaya.
We are undertaking a survey to help us improve our content for you. This will only take 1 minute of your time, please give us your feedback by clicking HERE. All responses will be confidential.