Cristiano Ronaldo reaction to DNA request in rape case revealed by Juventus boss Max Allegri

Juventus boss Max Allegri and Cristiano Ronaldo [Courtesy]
Juventus manager Max Allegri revealed it's business as usual for Cristiano Ronaldo ahead of this weekend's Coppa Italia clash with Bologna.

It was revealed on Thursday night that the Las Vegas Police Department have issued a warrant to obtain the Portuguese superstar's DNA, amid accusations he raped Kathryn Mayorga in 2009.

Ronaldo has vehemently denied the claims, but an investigation into the alleged rape of Mayorga nine years ago has been opened.

Asked about the situation on Friday, Bianconeri boss Allegri said: “It’s a private thing, I only talk about football.

SEE ALSO :Allegri issues statement on Ronaldo’s injury ahead of Champions League clash

"Cristiano has been training well and he rested a bit too. We want to play all the potential 36 games left before the end of the season.

"I don’t want to talk about private life. Ronaldo skipped six games with his national team. Tomorrow he will play, let's see when, where, when and why”.

Allegri revealed it's business as usual for Cristiano Ronaldo [ Courtesy]
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said it was "taking the same steps in this case as in any other sexual assault to facilitate the collection of DNA evidence".

The LVMPD also added that the warrant has been sent to the Italian court system, adding: "We can confirm that an official request has been submitted to Italian authorities.

"Due to this being an ongoing investigation, we have no additional information or comment on this case at this time."

SEE ALSO :Eden Hazard set to go house hunting as Madrid move looms

Ronaldo's lawyer, Peter Christiansen, has played down the significance of the warrant issued.

Speaking on January 10, he declared that it was standard procedure in such cases.

"Mr Ronaldo has always maintained, as he does today, that what occurred in Las Vegas in 2009 was consensual in nature, so it is not surprising that DNA would be present, nor that the police would make this very standard request as part of their investigation."

Ms Mayorga, according to her lawyer, was inspired to speak out by the #MeToo movement and is suing Ronaldo in a lawsuit in the United States.

She reportedly reached an out-of-court settlement with Ronaldo in 2010, but her lawyers are now seeking to declare the non-disclosure agreement void.

SEE ALSO :Returning Ronaldo gives Juventus edge against impressive Ajax

Ronaldo's lawyer has previously said his client doesn't deny entering an agreement but that "the reasons that led him to do so are at least to be distorted".

He also added: "This agreement is by no means a confession of guilt."

For the latest news in entertainment check out Sde.co.ke and Pulser.co.ke , for everything sports visit Gameyetu.co.ke and ladies we have you covered on Evewoman

Cristiano RonaldoDNARapeKathryn Mayorga