Two die in cholera outbreak in Narok
SEE ALSO :Woman bites off husband's lipSo far, she said nine of the patients were in stable condition. Mpeti said a response team comprising public health and nurses had been dispatched to the affected village to investigate the source and quality of water as well as the food being consumed by villagers for further action. “We want to find out whether the cause of the outbreak is as a result of contaminated water or food poisoning. Once we get the situation on the ground is when we shall take the appropriate action,” said Ms Mpeti. She also said the patients had been isolated since the disease is highly contagious. The county official hinted the diarrhoea outbreak could also be linked to contaminated water caused by the ongoing downpour in several parts of the county. It is not the first time cholera cases are reported in the county. In 2017, cholera fears gripped Narok Boys High school after over 40 students were treated for diarrhoea and vomiting, symptoms associated with the disease. Students, according to the institution’s administration, began experiencing stomachache and vomiting, forcing the institution to call local medics. The Health CEC has, however, urged the county residents to observe high standards of hygiene to combat the disease.
We are undertaking a survey to help us improve our content for you. This will only take 1 minute of your time, please give us your feedback by clicking HERE. All responses will be confidential.