Magufuli’s burial ceremony underway
By Mate Tongola | March 26th 2021
The burial ceremony of the late Tanzania President John Pombe Magufuli is underway with hundreds of mourners braving the already scorching sun of the little known town of Chato, Geita Region of northwestern Tanzania.
The ceremony is being led by the Catholic Church with those in attendance publicly defying World Health Organisation, WHO regulations for Covid-19 including social distancing and above all, wearing facemasks.
A handful of those seated, all dressed in black, in the already packed white tent at Magufuli’s home where he will finally be laid to rest have their masks on although some not worn properly.
Among those who have already arrived at the venue is Janeth Magufuli, widow of the late who has taken to the seats at the fully red-carpeted dais.
More to follow...
Our baby is fine, says couple stuck in Thika Road night traffic
By Too Jared
- Man killed by irate mob after dismembering wife over land dispute
- Father of 17 pleads for help as life pushes him to the edge
By Faith Kutere
- Woman brutalised by police for flouting curfew rules
- Driver dies in speeding muguka Probox accident
- The gods must be crazy and have invaded Western Kenya