Mozambique freight train ferrying coal derails, at least 17 dead
| February 20th 2015
At least 17 people were killed after a freight train carrying commuters and merchandise including coal derailed in Mozambique's capital on Thursday, a railway company driver told Reuters on Friday.
The Mozambique Ports and Railways train derailed at about 1200 GMT. It was traveling from Maputo to neighboring Zimbabwe. No further details were available.
The company had no immediate comment.
YouTube to release kids app next weekYouTube is releasing a new app for children next week, called YouTube Kids, which will run on smartphones and tablets and focus on kid-appropriate content.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Dilemma: My female supervisor is sexually harrassing me, help
- Orie Rogo Manduli's burial postponed after eldest daughter falls ill
- New Kianjokoma police officers welcomed in church service
- Outdated ‘Nyumba Mboke’ culture puts women at risk of HIV
By Anne Atieno
- Ruto out to fool you with ill-gotten wealth, Kalonzo says
- Tongue piercings can fill brain with pus, cause Herpes
HEALTH & SCIENCE
By Kagai Reuben