×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Smart Minds Choose Us
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download App

Manchester United join Arsenal and Barcelona in race to sign next Gareth Bale

Nottingham midfielder Oliver Burke [PHOTO: COURTESY]

Manchester United are keen on signing Nottingham Forest's 19-year-old midfielder Oliver Burke. Manchester united Manager Jose Mourinho sees Burke as a player who could benefit the Red Devils in the future and is ready to loan him back to the City Ground should a deal be completed, said The Sun on Sunday.

Burke plays predominantly as a right-winger for Forest. He has two international caps for the Scotland national team and has been compared to Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale. The Sun says West Brom had a £6m ($8m) bid rejected by Forest for Burke earlier this summer, while German giants Bayern Munich have spoken to the Championship club about a possible £10m deal. Arsenal and Barcelona are also interested in the player, with the latter sending scouts to watch his performances.

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.
Uncover the stories others won’t tell. Subscribe now for exclusive access
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Uninterrupted ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimized reading experience
  • Weekly Newsletters
  • MPesa, Airtel Money and Cards accepted
Already a subscriber? Log in