The departed Makueni Senator remains were laid to rest at his Mbooni rural home on May 9, 2013.
The Senate Speaker Ekwe Ethuro has already issued writs declaring the seat vacant paving the way for IEBC to announce the election period.
The campaigns to replace the late Mutula are yet to kick off but all indication area clear that possible candidates are positioning themselves for the race.
Among the people mentioned as possible candidates include her daughter lawyer Kethi Kilonzo, former MPs Philip Kaloki, Gideon Ndambuki, John Harun Mwau, Peter Kiilu and former PC Wilfred Ndolo.
Next Story »
- Apple refuses to unlock dead woman's iPad, despite grieving sons' pleas
- ICC convicts Congolese Katanga of war crimes
- Ukraine Crisis: Obama urges Putin to seek diplomatic solution in dramatic late night phone call
- Man sets ablaze his estranged wife at her workplace
- Malaysian couple to hang for starving Indonesian maid
- Court annuls JSC decision to sack Gladys Shollei