The departed Makueni Senator remains were laid to rest at his Mbooni rural home on May 9, 2013.
The Senate Speaker Ekwe Ethuro has already issued writs declaring the seat vacant paving the way for IEBC to announce the election period.
The campaigns to replace the late Mutula are yet to kick off but all indication area clear that possible candidates are positioning themselves for the race.
Among the people mentioned as possible candidates include her daughter lawyer Kethi Kilonzo, former MPs Philip Kaloki, Gideon Ndambuki, John Harun Mwau, Peter Kiilu and former PC Wilfred Ndolo.
Next Story »
- ICC rejects Bensouda's request to include two more dates on Ruto/Sang case
- High profile assassinations a stain on our political history
- Outstanding women who stood up to be counted
- Challenges, successes of education system since Uhuru
- Chiefs petition government to give them guns
- Van Persie ruled out of Manchester U squad for a month with a thigh injury