The departed Makueni Senator remains were laid to rest at his Mbooni rural home on May 9, 2013.
The Senate Speaker Ekwe Ethuro has already issued writs declaring the seat vacant paving the way for IEBC to announce the election period.
The campaigns to replace the late Mutula are yet to kick off but all indication area clear that possible candidates are positioning themselves for the race.
Among the people mentioned as possible candidates include her daughter lawyer Kethi Kilonzo, former MPs Philip Kaloki, Gideon Ndambuki, John Harun Mwau, Peter Kiilu and former PC Wilfred Ndolo.
Next Story »
- Ruto to oppose ruling on forced testimonies
- Ministry to issue one million title deeds, says Ngilu
- Real Madrid 1-0 Bayern Munich: Benzema strike gives Real advantage over Bayern
- Here’s why the cost of living just went up
- Plea for athletes: School teacher Yano urges heads to aid talented youth
- Jail threat to governors for ‘Your Excellency’ gaffe