By Lucianne Limo
The ruling was made by Justice Isaac Lenaola in a case filed by Kituo Cha Sheria seeking orders to compel the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission ( IEBC) to extend the voter registration exercise and to also register prisoners as voters.
The suit was filed on Monday and Justice Lenaola directed the organization to serve IEBC and the Attorney General.
On Tuesday, IEBC lawyer said they were served with the suit papers late Monday evening and asked for more time to respond.
The case will be heard on January 12, 2013.
Next Story »
- Meet convicted criminal authorities forgot to send to prison for 13 years
- British Army offer free medical camp to Samburu residents
- CORD says state has failed on security
- Teacher drugged more than 90 boys with sleeping pills before molesting them
- Police block sections of road in Pangani over claims of bomb in car
- IGAD strongly condemns killing of civilians in South Sudan