By Lucianne Limo
The ruling was made by Justice Isaac Lenaola in a case filed by Kituo Cha Sheria seeking orders to compel the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission ( IEBC) to extend the voter registration exercise and to also register prisoners as voters.
The suit was filed on Monday and Justice Lenaola directed the organization to serve IEBC and the Attorney General.
On Tuesday, IEBC lawyer said they were served with the suit papers late Monday evening and asked for more time to respond.
The case will be heard on January 12, 2013.
Next Story »
- TENNIS: Federer, Nadal, advance at Indian Wells
- Rugby: Simbas roar but coach Parwaater warns charges not to celebrate yet
- Police arrest 88 in major swoop on drunk driving
- School awards KCSE top performers with goats
- Yes, Uhuru pay cut is populist, but CORD should shut up
- Governors, deputies’ silent war intensifies