BY KEVIN TUNOI
A man impersonating a journalist is in custody after accredited journalists accosted him during a media workshop in Eldoret.
The man identified as John Bunyasi had registered to attend a Commission for the Implementation of the Constitution (CIC) training as a reporter for Royal Media Services’ Mulembe FM.
The man was handed over to police who arrested him.
The arrest comes in the wake of an advertisement by the Media Council of Kenya requesting institutions and individuals to demand for a press card when approached by journalists.
Next Story »
- Bayern Munich in trouble after controversial ‘Gay Gunners’ banner aimed at Arsenal
- Iranian people-smuggling link as Malaysia jet search widens
- Uhuru’s kin carjacked, robbed
- Sudan student dies after police fire tear gas on protest
- Gun and grenade feud kills 14, in Pakistan's Karachi
- Five Washington state hunger strikers put on medical watch