Man jailed for hurting his wife
By Sheillah Chumba | December 22nd 2018
A man convicted of causing grievous harm to his wife will spend five years in jail.
Kakamega Senior Resident Magistrate Erick Malesi ruled that the offence was heinous and had all indications of murder.
Charles Okello was found guilty of assaulting his wife Mildred Isimwa on June 15 at their home in Shikhambi estate, Kakamega County.
“I have looked at the pre-sentencing report and I have agonised, particularly thinking of the accused's son who shall miss the love and care of his father. However, the act by the accused is heinous and has all indications of murder, which thankfully did not happen,” said the magistrate.
Isimwa had indicated that she had forgiven her husband but was not ready to reunite and live together with him.
Ruto backs bid to scrap degree rule for MCAs and MPs
- Museveni locks down Uganda for 42 days, revises curfew
By Betty Njeru
- Unions issue 14-day strike notice over SRC freeze in pay hikes
By Brian Otieno
- Tuju to walk 52 kilometres from Karen to Kijabe Hospital
- President Uhuru Kenyatta on two-day state visit to Turkey
- Nyanza: Rush to beat 7pm curfew, businesses closed