Kenyan private universities join top 200 in Africa
By Brian Guserwa | February 24th 2017
Private universities in Kenya are among the top 200 best institutions in Africa in 2017, according to a report by uniRank, a web-based higher educational ranking organisation. University of Nairobi was 8th, followed by the American University in Cairo at number 9.
Kenyatta University took position 22. Egerton and Moi universities took positions 25 and 26 respectively. Strathmore came in at position 38, as JKUAT and USIU closed our share of universities in the 100 best universities in Africa at numbers 60 and 65 respectively. Mount Kenya came in at 117.
Other Kenyan universities on the list were Technical University of Kenya (171), Daystar University (172), Maseno University (174), University of Eastern Africa Baraton(176), Catholic University of Eastern Africa (192), KCA University (196.) and Kenya Methodist University (198).
Six police officers arrested drinking in bar during curfew
- Education Ministry must resolve chaotic Form One selection and placement
By Clay Muganda
- Good news as government slashes secondary school fees
- Mt Kenya leaders reassure Raila on 2022
- I'm ready to face your coalition, DP Ruto now tells Uhuru and Raila
- Nairobi County loses Sh400m in parking fees after KRA take over