University audit a big step forward
By Millicent Mukhongo | February 20th 2017
The recent university audit by the Commission for University Education (CUE) is a step in the right direction.
It will create order in the higher education sector that has been marred by many irregularities that have undermined quality over the years.
Once the recommended measures by the relevant authorities are implemented by the universities, students will no longer have to deal with the headache of being enrolled into unaccredited programmes that cost them money and time.
I am of the opinion that the audit should be carried out annually as this will ensure universities meet the required standards and churn out competent and qualified graduates for the job market.
Six police officers arrested drinking in bar during curfew
- Education Ministry must resolve chaotic Form One selection and placement
By Clay Muganda
- Good news as government slashes secondary school fees
- Mt Kenya leaders reassure Raila on 2022
- I'm ready to face your coalition, DP Ruto now tells Uhuru and Raila
- Nairobi County loses Sh400m in parking fees after KRA take over