The musician risks a life ban from being a member of any Collective Management Organization in Kenya should he defy these orders
KFCB declares an immediate ban on the song Takataka from all free-to-air radio and TV stations in Kenya
Kenya Film and Classification Board (KFCB) CEO Ezekiel Mutua has banned the song â€˜Takatakaâ€™.
Through a statement seen by Ureport, the regulatory body noted that the song by Alvin aka Alvindo is obscene and has degrading lyrics that advocate for violence against women by equating them to trash.
â€œMoving forward, the song should not be performed live or broadcast anywhere within the Republic of Kenya. No DJ should play the song either on broadcast station or in entertainment joints,â€ read the statement in part.
KFCB added, â€œThe song is a primitive piece of art that should not be celebrated in any way by the society. This song and such other obscene content should be rejected by members of a self-respecting society.â€
The board further summoned the musician to present himself at their office within 14 days, failure to which legal proceedings shall be instituted against him.
In line with that, the following steps have also been taken:
- KFCB declares an immediate ban on the song Takataka from all free-to-air radio and TV stations in Kenya.
- The Board declares an immediate ban of the song from being played in any club or entertainment joint in Kenya. Any DJ who plays such putrid music, as well as owners of the premises, shall be prosecuted.
- The Board has instituted the takedown procedures of this song from all online platforms.
- KFCB will work with County Commissioners across the country to use security apparatus at their disposal to implement this ban in line with the Executive Order No. 1 of 2019.
- The Board will proceed to institute criminal proceedings against the artist in 14 days if he fails to respond to our summons for a meeting where he can be accompanied by his lawyer.
- The musician risks a life ban from being a member of any Collective Management Organization in Kenya should he defy these orders.
- Finally, the Board would like to urge our artistes and the media to create and exhibit content that builds societyÂ
Do you have stories, videos or pictures you would like to share with the world?
Simply click on Post Your Story button placed at the top of the website