Egerton University students escape unhurt as winds blow off roof
By Irissheel Shanzu
| May 10th 2016
Over 100 students from Egerton University escaped death narrowly after strong winds blew off the roof of Makutano stadium.
The students were outside the stadium praying and singing when the roof fell a few metres from them. A witness, Abraham Simba, said it was raining heavily when the incident occurred.
“A few minutes before the roof was blown off, power went off and this forced the students to move to the road, where they continued ministering the word of the God, before the incident happened,” he said. “
”The God we were worshiping has protected us,” said a student.
Court orders law school to admit aggrieved studentsThe High Court has ordered Kenya School of Law (KSL) to admit students locked out by the Council of Legal Education.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Male student, 17, dies in girls’ secondary school dormitory
- Boniface Mwangi house destruction: What we know so far
- Police clarification on bar operating hours after Uhuru lifts curfew
- Nairobi marabou storks lose their home to Expressway
- Postmortem examination performed on Masten Wanjala’s body
By Micah Sali
- DP William Ruto on a charm offensive in Western