×
× Digital News Videos Weird News Health & Science Sunday Magazine Lifestyle Opinion Education Columns Moi Cabinets Arts & Culture Special Reports Fact Check E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified Games Crosswords Sodoku The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
×

Exposé pushes police to net 51 men linked to Super Power

By Nairobian Reporter | August 2nd 2013 at 00:00:00 GMT +0300

A case in which 51 suspected gang members have been charged in a city court will be heard later this month.

The alleged criminals belonging to the Super Power Boys gang, who appeared before magistrate Kiarie Waweru on July 29, face accusations of robbery with violence and involvement in organised crime.

This comes weeks after The Nairobian carried an exposé on suspected gang activities in Eastleigh last month.

The spectacle at the Milimani law courts was hard to miss.

It was not just the high number of suspects in the dock, it was that most of them appeared to be underage and had little grasp of English and Kiswahili, forcing the prosecution to read the charges in Somali.

Read More

“They seem to be operating like Mungiki in their dirty work. We are determined to stop the activities,” Starehe police boss Samuel Anampiu said earlier during the week.

The police had promised The Nairobian that there would be a major operation in Eastleigh to weed out the gang.

“Something major will be done, just wait,” Nairobi county police boss Benson said.

However, this is not the first time suspected members of the Super Power gang have been taken to court.


 


gang Nairobian Eastleigh Milimani law courts
Share this story

Read More

Feedback