Volleyball: Malkia skipper Moim joins KCB
KCB women volleyball team has signed Mercy Moim, the national volleyball captain as they gear up for the 2020 season.
The 31-year-old has inked a three-year deal and will join recently signed Edith Wisa, Ugandan Sharon Amito, Sharon Chepchumba, and a duo of setter Immaculate Nekesa and libero Sharon Sandui from Kwathanze Secondary school.
“The new signings will add depth to the squad as we challenge for continental glory. It is imperative for us to prepare well for the season. We have our sights clearly set on the goal to not only maintain our stellar performance but to do much more,” said KCB Group Head of Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Judith Sidi-Odhiambo, who is also the team patron.
The KCB Bank Kenya backed team— which is preparing for this year’s Africa Women club championship—has been revamping its squad since the late last year in what has also seen it bring in experienced tactician Paul Bitok as the new technical advisor. Moim has had a remarkable volleyball career in the last 14 years both locally and in Europe.
The 31-year-old will team up with other national team regulars Noel Murambi, Violet Makuto, Jemima Siangu and Leonida Kasaya.
“I am excited to join the KCB team; I believe that we will record massive success on the court in various outings,” said Moim.
- COVID-19: Sports Ministry to disburse Sh50million to athletes over two monthsFootball 19 hours ago
- Pogba, Rashford available when Premier League resumes, says SolskjaerPremier League 1 day ago
- Sagna says Arsenal feared Chelsea much more than the other way roundFootball 2 days ago
- Swimming: Masakha plots for Olympics stardomSports 2 days ago
- Pigamingi: Are East Africa's Golf Clubs Ready for the New World Golf Handicapping System?Golf 2 days ago
- Herbert Mwachiro enters race to replace Nick Mwendwa as FKF bossFootball 1 day ago
- Second phase? English Premier League clubs to vote on Project Restart’s next stepPremier League 1 day ago