National Super League: Bidco edge Talanta to put pressure on leaders City Stars
Bidco United maintained their pursuit of National Super League (NSL) leaders Nairobi City Stars after defeating Talanta 1-0 at Camp Toyoyo over the weekend.
Eric Gichimu scored the only goal of the match to hand Anthony Akhulia his 14th win of the campaign as they remain seven points behind City Stars with 45 points.
Speaking to Standard Sports, Akhulia said he was pleased with the performances of his team and they remained focus on sealing an automatic qualification berth to the KPL.
“We started the season slowly, but the boys picked up mid-season and I’m happy we are getting positive results. Our focus is to maintain our position and the consistency as we look to earn prormtion to the KPL,” he said.
In Mumias, City Stars continued their dominance by bagging their 16th win in a 1-0 victory over former KPL side Vihiga United to remain top with 52 points.
The result saw Vihiga United drop to fifth with 36 points, three more than sixth-placed Migori Youth who were held to a 2-2 draw by Coast Stima.
Ushuru moved to fourth after thrashing Administration Police 3-1 as Nairobi Stima remained third after their 3-0 win over APS Bomet.
At Bukhungu, Vihiga Bullets saw off Muranga Seals 3-0 as Modern Coast Rangers defeated hosts Shabana 1-0 in Kisii.
Bottom-placed St. Joseph’s Youth bounced back to winning ways with a 3-1 win over Kibera Black Stars, moving them to within two points from safety.
City Stars and Bidco remain on course to finish in the top two automatic promotion slots as Nairobi Stima, Vihiga United and Migori Youth continue to fight for the third place playoff berth. against third from bottom KPL team at the end of the season. [Washington Onyango]
- First openly gay British football player Fashanu makes Hall of FameFootball 13 hours ago
- Lionel Messi breaks another record - first footballer to win Laureus award [PHOTOS]Football 1 day ago
- Karateka, 72, proves age is just but a number Sports 2 days ago
- Former Manchester United goalkeeper deadFootball 2 days ago
- Bandari re-appoint former head coach to steer shipFootball 8 hours ago
- Chaos as stray dog joins soccer matchFootball 1 day ago
- Man United predicted starting line-up vs ChelseaPremier League 2 days ago