Man United predicted line up and team news for FA Cup trip to Tranmere Rovers
Eric Bailly could make his long-awaited comeback from injury as Manchester United face Tranmere Rovers in Sunday's FA Cup fourth-round clash.
Centre-back Bailly has not played a competitive game since April after sustaining two knee injuries, but the 25-year-old has been on the bench for United's last two games against Burnley and Liverpool and could start at Prenton Park.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is under intense scrutiny heading into the match after United lost three of their last four Premier League games.
And the manager will be well aware that an FA Cup triumph this season could go some towards keeping him in the job over the summer.
Midfielder Angel Gomes looks set to be named in the starting line up on Sunday and will be hoping to prove his worth.
Sunday's trip to Tranmere will be the first for United, who have never previously played a first-team match at Prenton Park.
But Gomes knows what to expect from Micky Mellon's men, having been part of the United under-21 side that lost 3-2 at Rovers in the EFL Trophy knockout stages last month.
"It was a tough game with the conditions," the creative midfielder said.
"We had an experienced side against a group of men and it was a good battle. We were ahead in the game and I can just remember the pitch wasn't the best.
"But that is what you're going to come up against and face - it's just being prepared to be able to battle in any circumstances really."
Gomes has only made six first-team appearances for Solskjaer's side this season, and speculation over an Old Trafford exit has been rife with the 19-year-old yet to agree a contract extension beyond the end of this campaign.
Goalkeeper Sergio Romero is expected to return to the team, while defender Diogo Dalot and striker Mason Greenwood are also set to start.
Man Utd predicted line up:
Romero; Dalot, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw; Fred, Pereira; Mata, Lingard, Gomes; Greenwood.
- Everton's Keane says players can be ready in a fortnightPremier League 2 days ago
- Fallen champions Friends School Kamusinga promise to rise againHockey 2 days ago
- Why Injera believes future of Kenya's Sevens rugby is safeRugby 2 days ago
- Arsenal and Manchester United players unite to help fight CoronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- Premier League stars expecting to take a pay cut amid Coronavirus pandemicFootball 2 days ago
- International Cricket Council postpones World Cup qualifiers due to Covid-19Cricket 2 days ago
- Pigamingi: Golfers beware: Covid-19 is realGolf 2 days ago