There’s no stopping for Strathmore as they complete ninth victory
Strathmore Leos continued with their fine run in the 2019-2020 KRU Championship after thrashing University of Eldoret Trojans 52-13 in Eldoret over the weekend.
The win saw the former Kenya Cup side pick the ninth straight win of the season and maintain their eight-point gap lead at the helm of the standings with 43 points as they break for the festive season.
Alex Maina dotted the first try with Lucas Opal converting before Clinton Imbuye landed two successive tries minutes later for a 21-0 lead after Opal’s successful conversions.
Maina then completed his brace with Opal’s conversion steering the Nairobi-based club to a comfortable 28-6 lead at the break.
Leos captain Gabriel Odero joined the fray after the restart before Imbuye and two more players were sent to the sin-bin.
However, Strathmore held on with 13 men to seal the win with three more tries from Opal, Andrew Matoka and Gideon Makumi.
At the same ground, Eldoret RFC bagged their fourth win of the campaign after edging out Catholic Monks 39-21.
In Kakamega, Timothy Mmasi scored a hat-trick as Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST RFC) capped off their last 2019 fixture with a massive 51-9 win over South Coast Pirates at MMUST Grounds.
Felix Wamocho, Claus Shirievo, Nelson Babu and Tyson Juma added a try each in addition to Juma’s five conversions and two penalties as Ochieng Ahaya’s charges registered their eighth victory of the season and maintain their second spot with 35 points.
Relegation-threatened Kisii bagged their second win of the season at home, beating the Northern Suburbs by a close 11-10 fulltime score in Gusii.
USIU versus Mombasa RFC tie and Egerton Wasps against Mean Machine were postponed to next year.
- Football has found its audience in HungaryFootball 20 hours ago
- Rovers skipper, two Fulham players test positive for COVID-19Football 2 days ago
- 'I thought I'd die': Atalanta coach Gasperini reveals he had coronavirus at ValenciaFootball 11 hours ago
- As football restarts around Europe, France questions decision end to season earlyFootball 1 day ago
- Bundesliga. Ghanaian-born Davies dazzles as Flick betters Guardiola's Bayern recordFootball 11 hours ago
- Harambee Stars defender Eric Ouma suffers injury in training with his Swedish clubFootball 1 day ago
- Kahata explains the difficulties he faced while trying to return to Tanzania for the league resumptionFootball 53 minutes ago