Polack upbeat as Gor Mahia seek redemption in Kisumu
Gor Mahia head coach Steven Polack believes his side will bounce back from their barren draw against Ulinzi Stars last month that saw them stand in fourth place on the Kenya Premier League log.
K’Ogalo, who have not been in action since November 30, seeks to reclaim top spot when they face Kisumu All Stars at Moi Stadium in Kisumu today.
Gor players are reported to have downed their tools after their last league match against Ulinzi Stars demanding their four months salaries. They resumed training on Thursday.
The record Kenyan champions have also been boosted by the return of captain Kenneth Muguna.
Meanwhile, AFC Leopards who their players have not been training host Mathare United at the Mumias Sports Complex.
In Nakuru, Ulinzi Stars are seeking to bounce back to their winning ways when they host Zoo Kericho at the Afraha Stadium this afternoon.
The soldiers lie sixth with 22 points and unbeaten in the last ten matches and will be out to register their sixth win of the season and move into the top four.
Zoo will be seeking to redeem themselves from a 4-1 defeat in the hands of Western Stima which left them just five points above the relegation zone.
- FIFA chief Infantino accepts games are at risk due to coronavirusFootball 4 hours ago
- Tokyo has no 'Plan B' for this year's Summer Olympics despite coronavirusAthletics 1 day ago
- Footballer in Italy has been diagnosed with coronavirusFootball 1 day ago
- Fury ready to pay Wilder millions to skip third fightBoxing 2 days ago
- Wanyama’s team-mate Son Heung-min forced to 'self-isolate' over coronavirus fearFootball 5 hours ago
- Kiplagat and Cherono set for Boston MarathonAthletics 1 day ago
- Liverpool announce pre-tax profit for last seasonFootball 1 day ago