Polo: Patrick Mavros and White Cap set for tough contest
Patrick Mavros beat White Cap Lite 11-6.5 to storm into finals of 6-Goal White Cap Nairobi International Polo Championships at Nairobi Polo Club yesterday.
Handicap three Mbu Ngugi, Tarquin Gross (four) and Jose Craig (three) scored for handicap 6.5 Patrick Mavros in the four chukkas while White Cap Lite, who started the match at the advantage of half fraction of a goal, scored three goals each through Mini Trappe and Gordy Millar.
White Cap team of handicap 5 Casimir Cross, Ben Stonewigg (1), Tom Stonewigg (0.5) and Sacha Craig humbled Toyota 9-3.5 in the second semi-final to set date with Patrick Mavros in the finals.
The Toyota team comprised handicap five South Africa international Brad Mac Gibbon, Harry Griffiths (1.5), Hiromi Nzomo (0) and Jadini Nzomo (0.5).
The tournament attracted players from Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa and serves as a curtain raiser for the 14-Goal Nairobi International Polo Championships.
The 14-Goal competition will feature players from United Kingdom, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya and New Zealand.
In the losers cup semi finals, handicap 6.5 Samurai team of Tanzania’s Hansi Bruins (3.5), Jules Camm (2.5), Jenny Camm (0.5) and Phyllipa Gulden (0) beat Governors Camp 8-6 to glide into finals. Bruins (five) and Jules Camm (three) scored for Samurai.
- Ronaldo names Messi as favourite player to watchFootball 1 day ago
- FKF polls: Football players want a quick resolution to poll crisis and credible exerciseFootball 6 hours ago
- Liverpool’s training return a massive lift for KloppFootball 1 day ago
- MLS players send new restart proposal to leagueFootball 2 days ago
- Chelsea stars take the knee as Premier League stars lead way on Blackout TuesdayFootball 13 hours ago
- Fans could return for 20-21 season, says Premier League chiefFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Stars dust spikes in readiness for epic race on June 11Athletics 6 hours ago