Misconduct sees Dennis Oliech’s K’Ogalo contract terminated
Perennial Kenya Premier League champions Gor Mahia have moved to terminate Dennis Oliech’s contract.
This is following several cases of absenteeism in training without reason, according to a statement released by the club seen by Game Yetu.
The club revealed it reached the decision to terminate Oliech’s contract due to disciplinary reasons and performance issues.
“In pursuance of the provisions of Clause 6 of your Player Agreement Contract entered into with Gor Mahia Football Club we hereby write to advise you that we have terminated your contract with immediate effect on grounds of Just Cause as also stipulated in FIFA Article 14 Regulations of the Statues and Transfer of Players,” wrote K’Ogalo.
The club claims it tried to reach out to Oliech to no avail.
“You are and have been guilty of serious misconduct and continued poor performance on the field of play. You have without reason and without prior permission from the Head Coach, the Team Manager or any other duly authorized Club Official absented yourself on numerous diverse days from training thereby denying the club the opportunity to field you as a striker,” explained the club.
K’Ogalo also cited Oliech’s political aspirations as a reason for his contract termination, saying it portrays the club’s image badly.
“You have offered yourself as a candidate for popular political elections, a move that is likely to potray the club in bad light, cause disaffection among club’s supporters and fans, a step that is inconsistent with and inimical to your standing as the club’s football player. Further, you have posted a photograph of yourself in the social media donning the club’s jersey indicating your political intentions,” K’Ogalo outlined.
Oliech is yet to feature for K’Ogalo since suffering an elbow injury in the penultimate stages of last season.
- CAF bars Zimbabwe from hosting international matchesFootball 2 days ago
- Fury ready to pay Wilder millions to skip third fightBoxing 2 days ago
- All eyes on local stars for Kenya OpenGolf 21 hours ago
- Shujaa to trample on anyone who gets in their wayRugby 17 hours ago
- Liverpool announce pre-tax profit for last seasonFootball 1 day ago
- Champions League rule Chelsea broke while playing Bayern Munich – WengerFootball 2 days ago
- Cameroon footballer donates Sh1.6 million to students stranded in coronavirus-hit ChinaFootball 16 hours ago