Gor, Bandari to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame Cup
It is all systems go as the 2019 edition of the Cecafa Kagame Cup kicks off in Kigali, Rwanda with two matches on the card today.
Kenya will be represented by record champions Gor Mahia and domestic cup winners Bandari in a historic tournament that has attracted a record 16 teams including three guest teams (TP Mazembe, DC Motema Pembe-DR Congo and Green Buffaloes-Zambia).
Somalia’s Heegan will take on Green Buffaloes from Zambia in today’s 1pm Group C opening match at Kigali Stadium before paving way for a 4pm Group A encounter between three-time regional tournament winners APR and debutantes Proline of Uganda.
According to the fixtures, all Group A and Group C matches will be played in Kigali, Group B in Huye District, while Group D games will be staged at Umuganda Stadium, in Rubavu.
Bandari will be the first Kenyan team to take to the pitch when they battle with Ugandan giants KCCA in a highly anticipated Group B tie at Huye Stadium before K’Ogalo face Motema Pembe.
- Brigid Kosgei wins Chicago Marathon breaking Radcliffe's record as Cherono wins men's raceAthletics 2 days ago
- Angry Farah hits back at critics in Salazar doping rowAthletics 2 days ago
- Mozambique 1-0 Kenya: Mambas bite Stars in friendly at KasaraniFootball 2 days ago
- Rugby: Lionesses hunt down, bag 2020 Olympic Games slotRugby 2 days ago
- Touchdown Forte win Autumn championshipsSports 2 days ago
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 1 day ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 1 day ago