Gor, Bandari to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame Cup
It is all systems go as the 2019 edition of the Cecafa Kagame Cup kicks off in Kigali, Rwanda with two matches on the card today.
Kenya will be represented by record champions Gor Mahia and domestic cup winners Bandari in a historic tournament that has attracted a record 16 teams including three guest teams (TP Mazembe, DC Motema Pembe-DR Congo and Green Buffaloes-Zambia).
Somalia’s Heegan will take on Green Buffaloes from Zambia in today’s 1pm Group C opening match at Kigali Stadium before paving way for a 4pm Group A encounter between three-time regional tournament winners APR and debutantes Proline of Uganda.
According to the fixtures, all Group A and Group C matches will be played in Kigali, Group B in Huye District, while Group D games will be staged at Umuganda Stadium, in Rubavu.
Bandari will be the first Kenyan team to take to the pitch when they battle with Ugandan giants KCCA in a highly anticipated Group B tie at Huye Stadium before K’Ogalo face Motema Pembe.
- Revealed: Reason why Paul Pogba was missing from Man Utd's first day back for pre-season trainingFootball 1 month ago
- OFFICIAL: PSG sign former Man United starFootball 1 month ago
- Life and times of Joe Kadenge [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Solskjaer sends powerful message to Pogba on leaving Man United Football 1 month ago
- How Morocco sank Ivory Coast again at AFCONFootball 1 month ago
- Man City unveil new kits for 2019/20 season inspired by historic nightclubPremier League 1 month ago
- Meet Arsenal’s new striker – who had several trials at Man United Football 1 month ago