Wilfried Zaha sends powerful message to fans on joining Arsenal
Wilfried Zaha has admitted he doesn’t know what the future holds amid Arsenal’s interest in him.
He’s Unai Emery’s No.1 target and the Gunners have made a £40million approach to sign the Crystal Palace winger - but the opening bid has been rejected by the south London club.
Zaha, 26, is currently in action at the AFCON, and spoke to the media after his Ivory Coast side’s 4-1 victory over Namibia.
When asked about Arsenal’s interest in him, after they made a £40million bid for his services, he replied:
“I don’t know we’ll see in the future.
“I have no comment on it, the only thing that’s on my mind now is trying to win this cup. I’m fixated on is how far we go in the tournament.”
This however, very different to what his brother said of course.
Zaha's brother had pleaded with Palace to let him join the club he supported as a boy.
Judicael Zaha told Sky Sports: "Given all that Wilfried has given to Crystal Palace to help them remain a Premier League club, I hope Palace will be able to see their way to agreeing a deal with Arsenal that allows Wilfried to realise his dream of playing European football for the club he's supported since childhood."
- Brigid Kosgei wins Chicago Marathon breaking Radcliffe's record as Cherono wins men's raceAthletics 2 days ago
- Angry Farah hits back at critics in Salazar doping rowAthletics 2 days ago
- Mozambique 1-0 Kenya: Mambas bite Stars in friendly at KasaraniFootball 2 days ago
- Rugby: Lionesses hunt down, bag 2020 Olympic Games slotRugby 2 days ago
- Touchdown Forte win Autumn championshipsSports 2 days ago
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 1 day ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 1 day ago