Footballer collapses and dies on pitch – one day after speaking to media about his condition
Football faithful on Thursday, April 25, were shocked after a footballer collapsed during a football match a died.
28-year-old Faty Papy, who played foe eSwatini-based club Malanti Chiefs collapsed after only 15 minutes during a match against Green Mamba at the Killarney Stadium in Piggs Peak, Mbabane.
According to reports, the ex-Bidvest Wits man was declared dead in hospital.
The Burundi international had always been carrying a heart condition, which became even more evident in December 2015 after he collapsed during a friendly match in Johannesburg, South Africa.
What’s more shocking is Papy has done an interview with local media before the match and spoke about his condition, a story which was titled ‘The Doctor Said I Could Die’ on a local daily.
Good day my fellow soccer lovers,i’m here reading the Papy Faty interview and seriously it has got me worried,he is putting his life in unnecessary risk,yes he loves the sport but health comes first guys. pic.twitter.com/oXWXjj3mdU— izalaNkosi????????????????????? (@isothamlilo) April 24, 2019
- Video: Shock as boxer collapses on podium at weigh-inBoxing 3 days ago
- Photos: Meet dentist behind Liverpool stars’ smilesFootball 1 month ago
- Football: Like fine wine, Wanga gets better with ageFootball 5 days ago
- Meet Britain’s richest man who wants Kipchoge to break marathon record [Photos]Athletics 2 weeks ago
- ‘Bench David De Gea NOW’ – Solskjaer told by ex-Arsenal starFootball 3 weeks ago
- Disgraced Blatter to sue FIFA and InfantinoFootball 1 week ago
- Football team sponsored by porn site RedTubeGossip & Rumours 1 month ago