Footballer collapses and dies on pitch â€“ one day after speaking to media about his condition
Football faithful on Thursday, April 25, were shocked after a footballer collapsed during a football match a died.
28-year-old Faty Papy, who played foe eSwatini-based club Malanti Chiefs collapsed after only 15 minutes during a match against Green Mamba at the Killarney Stadium in Piggs Peak, Mbabane.
According to reports, the ex-Bidvest Wits man was declared dead in hospital.
The Burundi international had always been carrying a heart condition, which became even more evident in December 2015 after he collapsed during a friendly match in Johannesburg, South Africa.
What’s more shocking is Papy has done an interview with local media before the match and spoke about his condition, a story which was titled ‘The Doctor Said I Could Die’ on a local daily.
Good day my fellow soccer lovers,i’m here reading the Papy Faty interview and seriously it has got me worried,he is putting his life in unnecessary risk,yes he loves the sport but health comes first guys. pic.twitter.com/oXWXjj3mdU— izalaNkosi????????????????????? (@isothamlilo) April 24, 2019
- Betika launches BetikaNaCommunity projectSports 2 days ago
- Bulgaria coach resigns after fans subjected England's black players with racist abuse Football 2 days ago
- Atalanta coach furious after leading scorer injured ahead of Man City clashFootball 2 days ago
- Everton 2 – 0 West Ham: Resurgent Everton outclass West Ham to end losing runFootball 1 day ago
- Man United job isn't too big for me, says SolskjaerFootball 1 day ago
- David Luiz reveals the club that can challenge Liverpool to win EPL title this seasonFootball 1 day ago
- Alonso silences Newcastle taunts as Chelsea climb to thirdFootball 1 day ago