Manny Pacquiao trains teenage son for boxing career - and leaves wife in tears
Manny Pacquiao's 18-year-old son Jimuel is being trained by his father as he learns how to box.
But his decision to get into the ring hasn't best pleased his parents.
Pacquiao, 40, has revealed it "pains" him to see his child step between the ropes whilst his wife, Jinkee, was reduced to tears when he told his parents he wanted to take up the brutal sport.
The Filipino legend only took up the sport to escape the streets of the Philippines after a tough upbringing and now his son, real name Emmanuel, is adamant he wants to follow in his father's footsteps.
A clip posted by Jinkee Pacquiao showed the youngster being put through his paces and given tips by his Dad, an eight-division world champion considered one of the greatest boxers of all-time.
"While I was watching them, I was about to cry. My son really wants to be a boxer," she said.
"Manny said, 'Babe, we finally have a boxer in the family. Nothing can stop him."
WBA welterweight champion Pacquiao commented: "It pains me that he is boxing because I know how hard it is.
"I told him, 'Daddy only went into boxing because of poverty... you don't need to box.
"[Jimuel] said, ‘Daddy, like you boxing is my passion also. I want to be a representative of this country as an athlete'.
“His mummy had cried several times telling him, 'Don't go into boxing, son'. [But] he really wants to do it."
Pacquiao defeated Adrian Broner in his 70th professional fight earlier this year.
He has been linked with a rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr but is expected to take on Keith Thurman in his next fight.
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on plans to marry girlfriend Georgina RodriguezGossip & Rumours 6 hours ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Rugby legend reveals he’s living with HIVRugby 10 hours ago
- Kenya on brink of Davis Cup promotion Tennis 2 days ago
- Lionel Messi returns to full Barcelona trainingFootball 5 hours ago
- Faith, Cheruiyot light up Nyayo as team namedAthletics 2 days ago
- Arsenal fans, will you accept this defender's heartfelt apology? Football 8 hours ago
- CS Amina flags off Kenya’s shooting team ahead of IDPA tourneySports 2 hours ago