Nine-man Gor Mahia qualify for CAF Confed quarters after beating Angola’s Petro de Luanda
Nine-man Gor Mahia have qualified for the CAF Confederation Cup quarter-finals after beating Angola's Petro de Luanda 1-0 at Kasarani Stadium on Sunday night.
Gor’s talisman Jacques Tuyisenge scored the crucial goal from the penalty spot in the 57th minute after Francis Mustapha was brought down in the six-yard box in full flight as he charged towards the enemy’s goal.
Gor Mahia manager Hassan Oktay applauded the team despite a long spell of difficulty during the match.
"We have to congratulate the players for playing well despite being disadvantaged for a long spell. What we have achieved today as a team without football technology is fantastic and I'm proud if each and every one of my players,” said Oktay.
Gor Mahia Starting 11
1. Peter Odhiambo
2. Philomon Otieno
3. Shafik Batumbuze
4. Haron Shakava
6. Ernest Wendo
7 Boniface Omondi
9. Jacques Tuyisenge
11. Francis Kahata
- 2019 London Marathon: The iconic route [Photos]Athletics 4 weeks ago
- How Pochettino plans to ruin Guardiola's Champions League bid tonightFootball 1 month ago
- Mourinho attacks Ajax manager after shock UCL elimination by TottenhamFootball 2 weeks ago
- Boxing body in showdown with rebels over selectionBoxing 1 month ago
- Toure and Sterling blast Juventus over Kean abuseFootball 1 month ago
- How Griezmann could end up being a Man United playerFootball 5 days ago
- Why KPL clubs are finding it hard to pay salariesFootball 1 month ago