Nine-man Gor Mahia qualify for CAF Confed quarters after beating Angolaâ€™s Petro de Luanda
Nine-man Gor Mahia have qualified for the CAF Confederation Cup quarter-finals after beating Angola's Petro de Luanda 1-0 at Kasarani Stadium on Sunday night.
Gor’s talisman Jacques Tuyisenge scored the crucial goal from the penalty spot in the 57th minute after Francis Mustapha was brought down in the six-yard box in full flight as he charged towards the enemy’s goal.
Gor Mahia manager Hassan Oktay applauded the team despite a long spell of difficulty during the match.
"We have to congratulate the players for playing well despite being disadvantaged for a long spell. What we have achieved today as a team without football technology is fantastic and I'm proud if each and every one of my players,” said Oktay.
Gor Mahia Starting 11
1. Peter Odhiambo
2. Philomon Otieno
3. Shafik Batumbuze
4. Haron Shakava
6. Ernest Wendo
7 Boniface Omondi
9. Jacques Tuyisenge
11. Francis Kahata
- Handball: Kericho emerge tops in county tournamentVolleyball and Handball 1 day ago
- Why Man United must sack Woodward - Gary Neville Premier League 17 hours ago
- Manchester United target Bale set to stay at MadridFootball 1 day ago
- Dennis Oliech: Curtain falls on prolific striker's football career Football 1 day ago
- Venus Williams outclassed by 15-year-old ‘on a mission to be the greatest’Tennis 1 day ago
- Latest transfer update on Tottenham midfielder Victor WanyamaFootball 11 hours ago
- Athletics: Obiri and Jepkosgei set to renew cross country rivalryAthletics 6 hours ago