Nine-man Gor Mahia qualify for CAF Confed quarters after beating Angolaâ€™s Petro de Luanda
Nine-man Gor Mahia have qualified for the CAF Confederation Cup quarter-finals after beating Angola's Petro de Luanda 1-0 at Kasarani Stadium on Sunday night.
Gor’s talisman Jacques Tuyisenge scored the crucial goal from the penalty spot in the 57th minute after Francis Mustapha was brought down in the six-yard box in full flight as he charged towards the enemy’s goal.
Gor Mahia manager Hassan Oktay applauded the team despite a long spell of difficulty during the match.
"We have to congratulate the players for playing well despite being disadvantaged for a long spell. What we have achieved today as a team without football technology is fantastic and I'm proud if each and every one of my players,” said Oktay.
Gor Mahia Starting 11
1. Peter Odhiambo
2. Philomon Otieno
3. Shafik Batumbuze
4. Haron Shakava
6. Ernest Wendo
7 Boniface Omondi
9. Jacques Tuyisenge
11. Francis Kahata
- Harambee Stars: Ready for mother of all battlesFootball 1 month ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 1 month ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 month ago
- Neymar Champions League match ban confirmedFootball 2 months ago
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 1 month ago
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 1 month ago