FKF unveils official Harambee Stars betting partner
Kenya’s football governing body Football Kenya Federation (FKF) on Tuesday, March 12 entered into a partnership with online sports betting firm Betin Kenya that will see them become the national football team (Harambee Stars) official betting partners.
This partnership will see the men’s senior football team receive up to Sh20 million for this years’ African Cup of Nations in Egypt, with Sh5 million to be used in purchasing fans replica jerseys and kits.
“We are happy to be partnering with Betin at this time when we are preparing to grace the Africa Cup of Nations for the first time in 15 years,” said FKF President Nick Mwendwa.
The tournament begins in June – with Harambee Stars having qualified for the first time in 15 years, with a match to spare.
Kashiwa Reysol and Harambee Stars striker Michael Olunga will not be up for selection for the coming African Cup of Nations qualifier against Ghana slated for March 23.
The highly influential striker picked up a hamstring injury during Kashiwa Reysol’s 1-0 win over Albirex Niigata, ruling him out of action for the rest of the month.
As a replacement, Zesco United striker Jesse Were has been called up by coach Sebastien Migne.
Kenya will hit camp on March 17th in Nairobi.
- Manchester United finds De Gea’s replacement Football 2 days ago
- Premier League players to boycott social media in racism protestPremier League 1 month ago
- Mourinho attacks Ajax manager after shock UCL elimination by TottenhamFootball 1 week ago
- Man Utd and Arsenal battle it out for goalkeeping sensationFootball 2 weeks ago
- Wilfred Bungei: Alcohol nearly ruined meAthletics 1 month ago
- Facts you need to know about EPL title race ahead of epic run-inFootball 1 month ago
- Stage set for Kenya Cup play-offs clashRugby 1 month ago