FKF unveils official Harambee Stars betting partner
Kenya’s football governing body Football Kenya Federation (FKF) on Tuesday, March 12 entered into a partnership with online sports betting firm Betin Kenya that will see them become the national football team (Harambee Stars) official betting partners.
This partnership will see the men’s senior football team receive up to Sh20 million for this years’ African Cup of Nations in Egypt, with Sh5 million to be used in purchasing fans replica jerseys and kits.
“We are happy to be partnering with Betin at this time when we are preparing to grace the Africa Cup of Nations for the first time in 15 years,” said FKF President Nick Mwendwa.
The tournament begins in June – with Harambee Stars having qualified for the first time in 15 years, with a match to spare.
Kashiwa Reysol and Harambee Stars striker Michael Olunga will not be up for selection for the coming African Cup of Nations qualifier against Ghana slated for March 23.
The highly influential striker picked up a hamstring injury during Kashiwa Reysol’s 1-0 win over Albirex Niigata, ruling him out of action for the rest of the month.
As a replacement, Zesco United striker Jesse Were has been called up by coach Sebastien Migne.
Kenya will hit camp on March 17th in Nairobi.
- Take it or leave it: Man United make final offer to De GeaFootball 1 month ago
- Shark-attack: Kariobangi Sharks drown EPL’s EvertonFootball 1 month ago
- Rice terraces and 'turtle shell' scrums: Barefoot rugby in VietnamRugby 1 month ago
- Michael Olunga: Senegal are also humanFootball 1 month ago
- Women’s World Cup: Social media uproar after ‘Tea-sipping’ goal celebrationFootball 1 month ago
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea's star midfielder signs five-year contract extensionFootball 1 month ago