Zamalek complete revenge, thrash Gor Mahia 4-0
Egyptian side Zamalek thrashed perennial SportPesa Premier League champions Gor Mahia 4-0 in the return leg tie of the CAF Confederations Cup held on Sunday, March 10 in Egypt.
Mahmoud Alaa gave the hosts the lead 12 minutes in before Youseff Obama doubled their advantage in the 26th minute to seal a steady lead at the half mark.
The nine-time African champions were in full control of the match after the break with Ferjani Sassi and Omar El Said finding the target late in the match to complete a perfect night in the Cairo International Stadium.
The win sends Christian Gross’ side top in group D with eight points, two points above Hassan Oktay’s side who slid to the last spot in the group.
Hassan Oktay’s side will now look to win in their last their last group tie in Nairobi on Sunday, March 17 as they face Angolan side Atlético Petróleos de Luanda for a chance to advance to the next round of the competition.
Gor Mahia lie in a tightly contested group D, with Atlético Petróleos de Luanda just a point above K’Ogalo and a point below group leaders Zamalek.
- Football: Bandari beat sorry ZooFootball 5 days ago
- Kenyan 800m runner Wambui slams Semenya testosterone rulingAthletics 3 weeks ago
- Mbappe sent off as PSG lose in French Cup finalFootball 3 weeks ago
- Chelsea star signs new two-year deal at Stamford BridgeFootball 2 weeks ago
- ‘Iron-man’ is last man standing at third inter-county challenge at Thika Greens.Golf 2 weeks ago
- Five Africa Cup of Nations facts you need to knowFootball 1 month ago
- Champions League final rule change ahead of Liverpool vs TottenhamFootball 3 days ago