Zamalek complete revenge, thrash Gor Mahia 4-0
Egyptian side Zamalek thrashed perennial SportPesa Premier League champions Gor Mahia 4-0 in the return leg tie of the CAF Confederations Cup held on Sunday, March 10 in Egypt.
Mahmoud Alaa gave the hosts the lead 12 minutes in before Youseff Obama doubled their advantage in the 26th minute to seal a steady lead at the half mark.
The nine-time African champions were in full control of the match after the break with Ferjani Sassi and Omar El Said finding the target late in the match to complete a perfect night in the Cairo International Stadium.
The win sends Christian Gross’ side top in group D with eight points, two points above Hassan Oktay’s side who slid to the last spot in the group.
Hassan Oktay’s side will now look to win in their last their last group tie in Nairobi on Sunday, March 17 as they face Angolan side Atlético Petróleos de Luanda for a chance to advance to the next round of the competition.
Gor Mahia lie in a tightly contested group D, with Atlético Petróleos de Luanda just a point above K’Ogalo and a point below group leaders Zamalek.
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 month ago
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia complete signing of Rwandese goal machineFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame CupFootball 1 month ago
- How Kenyan stewards forgot their job as Kariobangi Sharks schooled Everton [Photos]Football 1 month ago