Zetech teams register mixed results in university leagues
Zetech University's Titans hit Riara University 40-36 in a Kenya University Sports Association (KUSA) men’s basketball match at the University of Nairobi.
Akol Ador Akol scored 12 points for Titans as they forced a four-point win over Riara.
Zetech led in the first half taking the first quarter 10-5 before scoring 11 points against Riara’s nine for a 21-14 half-time lead.
Riara were the stronger side in the second half as both sides improved their scoring. Riara took the third quarter 15-13 and fourth 7-6 but it was too late for them to salvage a victory.
On Saturday, the Titans lost 38-48 to Strathmore University in their first weekend tie.
In the women’s contest, Zetech Sparks thrashed Machakos University 40-13 on Saturday before going down 17-37 to African Nazarene University on Sunday.
In hockey, United States International University of Africa (USIU-A) men thumped Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) 2-0.
Timothy Barasa bagged a brace for USIU-A to see his side bag maximum points.
In another match, Hillary Kishoiyan, Dennis Mwangi and Abel Jumba were on target as Kenyatta University Main Campus thrashed their Ruiru compatriots 3-0.
The men’s matches pitting Mount Kenya University and Daystar as well as JKUAT Nairobi and St Paul’s University ended in barren draws.
In the women’s contest, USIU-A Spartans defeated Kenyatta University Titans 2-0.
Beatrice Mbugua and Vivian Mahindu scored for USIU-A.
- PSG superstar Mbappe donates Sh3.5million to fund the search for missing pilot Football 6 days ago
- Gor Mahia out to dim New StarFootball 1 month ago
- Here’s who will not play against Chelsea after PSG loss – SolskjaerFootball 4 days ago
- This season’s title push is not a one-off – Liverpool’s future plans revealedFootball 2 weeks ago
- Echesa versus Kameta: Shadow-boxing moves to the ring Boxing 2 months ago
- ‘We were not best mates’ – Bale makes shock admission on relationship with ZidaneFootball 1 week ago
- Njogu to battle Sallay in final: Playing in today’s final is a great improvement for the KenyanTennis 2 weeks ago