Wanyama, Ozil, Mbappe and stars pay tribute to Sala
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Victor Wanyama has joined other footballers in mourning the of death Cardiff City forward Emiliano Sala after his body was recovered from the English Channel and formally identified on Thursday evening.
News of the Argentinian footballer's death came almost three weeks after his plane crashed en route from Nantes, France, to Cardiff.
The pilot, David Ibbotson, also died.
The 28 year-old had only completed the details of his transfer to Cardiff City - for a club record £15 million - two days before the crash.
Following the news, Victor Wanyama posted a tribute on his Facebook: R.I.P Emiliano
Others stars also took to the social media to pay their tribute to the departed footballer;
Mesut Ozil on his Twitter handle wrote that: "No words to describe how sad this is. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and also to the family of the pilot. #RIPsala".
No words to describe how sad this is. ???? Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and also to the family of the pilot. ????????? #RIPsala pic.twitter.com/Uirj6etfZk — Mesut Özil (@MesutOzil1088) February 7, 2019
- President Magufuli gifts national team players with pieces of land after AFCON qualificationFootball 1 month ago
- ‘Floyd will return soon’ says fatherBoxing 3 weeks ago
- Ricardo Badoer: Meet the man pulling tough strings at Wazito FCFootball 1 month ago
- India arrests Nigerian footballer with hard drugs, expired visa [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Breaking: Lionel Messi returns to Argentina squad for 1st time since World CupFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea appeal against FIFA transfer banPremier League 1 month ago
- Kahata scores to give Gor Mahia hard fought win Football 3 weeks ago