Wanyama, Ozil, Mbappe and stars pay tribute to Sala
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Victor Wanyama has joined other footballers in mourning the of death Cardiff City forward Emiliano Sala after his body was recovered from the English Channel and formally identified on Thursday evening.
News of the Argentinian footballer's death came almost three weeks after his plane crashed en route from Nantes, France, to Cardiff.
The pilot, David Ibbotson, also died.
The 28 year-old had only completed the details of his transfer to Cardiff City - for a club record £15 million - two days before the crash.
Following the news, Victor Wanyama posted a tribute on his Facebook: R.I.P Emiliano
Others stars also took to the social media to pay their tribute to the departed footballer;
Mesut Ozil on his Twitter handle wrote that: "No words to describe how sad this is. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and also to the family of the pilot. #RIPsala".
No words to describe how sad this is. ???? Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and also to the family of the pilot. ????????? #RIPsala pic.twitter.com/Uirj6etfZk — Mesut Özil (@MesutOzil1088) February 7, 2019
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 1 month ago
- Former Barca and Man City midfielder Yaya Toure has a new clubFootball 1 month ago
- Meet star who signed for Chelsea before Hazard but yet to make first-team appearanceFootball 1 month ago
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago
- Six top footballers linked with ArsenalGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Manchester United secure major signing ahead of new seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Atletico Madrid sign Man United target for for Sh15 billion Football 1 month ago