RUGBY: Masinde Muliro seek redemption against Monks
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) RFC will be seeking a return to winning ways when they entertain leaders Catholic Monks in a KRU Championship match at the Kakamega Showground tomorrow.
MMUST suffered their fourth loss of the season in their last game against United States International University-Africa (USIU) and head coach Ahaya Ochieng is determined to turn the tables.
“We have been playing very well at home; winning three times and I believe we can pull another victory against the leaders. It will be a tough match but we are stronger at home,” Ahaya said.
However, his counterpart Edward Opiyo believes Monks have the opportunity to cement their lead at the top considering they are in an impressive form at the moment winning all their 2019 fixtures so far.
“We respect MMUST who have showed they are a hard team at home but we are flying high now. We know they like contact game but we are prepared with our tactics which we will deploy to win the match. Kakamega has proved to be a hard region to come out with a win but we are monks,” Opiyo said.
MMUST are eighth in the standings with 14 points trailing leaders Monks by 18 points. In the Bull Ring, Western Bulls welcome bottom-placed South Coast Pirates and head coach Bram Shikanda is confident they will win easily.
“We are third but our target is to be first. Pirates are having a bad season and we look forward to the tie,” Shikanda said.
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- Mathare United emulate Gor by exporting one of their brightest talentsFootball 1 week ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 week ago
- So near yet so VAR for City: Tweet goes viral after Tottenham victoryFootball 3 months ago
- Joe Kadenge burial billed at Sh5 millionFootball 1 week ago
- REVEALED! Why there is no SportPesa Mega JackpotFootball 1 month ago