RUGBY: Masinde Muliro seek redemption against Monks
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) RFC will be seeking a return to winning ways when they entertain leaders Catholic Monks in a KRU Championship match at the Kakamega Showground tomorrow.
MMUST suffered their fourth loss of the season in their last game against United States International University-Africa (USIU) and head coach Ahaya Ochieng is determined to turn the tables.
“We have been playing very well at home; winning three times and I believe we can pull another victory against the leaders. It will be a tough match but we are stronger at home,” Ahaya said.
However, his counterpart Edward Opiyo believes Monks have the opportunity to cement their lead at the top considering they are in an impressive form at the moment winning all their 2019 fixtures so far.
“We respect MMUST who have showed they are a hard team at home but we are flying high now. We know they like contact game but we are prepared with our tactics which we will deploy to win the match. Kakamega has proved to be a hard region to come out with a win but we are monks,” Opiyo said.
MMUST are eighth in the standings with 14 points trailing leaders Monks by 18 points. In the Bull Ring, Western Bulls welcome bottom-placed South Coast Pirates and head coach Bram Shikanda is confident they will win easily.
“We are third but our target is to be first. Pirates are having a bad season and we look forward to the tie,” Shikanda said.
- For Gor Mahia, it was blood, toil, tears and sweatFootball 4 days ago
- Jose Mourinho accepts one-year prison sentence for tax fraud in SpainFootball 1 month ago
- Football: Lacazette’s ban reduced, free to face RennesFootball 1 week ago
- Rudisha asks Kenyans to pray for his ailing fatherAthletics 2 weeks ago
- Man Utd predicted line up vs Chelsea in FA Cup revealedFootball 1 month ago
- Unai Emery: I want VAR in the Premier LeagueFootball 3 weeks ago
- Kabras Sugar head coach upbeat ahead of KCB testRugby 1 month ago