RUGBY: Masinde Muliro seek redemption against Monks
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) RFC will be seeking a return to winning ways when they entertain leaders Catholic Monks in a KRU Championship match at the Kakamega Showground tomorrow.
MMUST suffered their fourth loss of the season in their last game against United States International University-Africa (USIU) and head coach Ahaya Ochieng is determined to turn the tables.
“We have been playing very well at home; winning three times and I believe we can pull another victory against the leaders. It will be a tough match but we are stronger at home,” Ahaya said.
However, his counterpart Edward Opiyo believes Monks have the opportunity to cement their lead at the top considering they are in an impressive form at the moment winning all their 2019 fixtures so far.
“We respect MMUST who have showed they are a hard team at home but we are flying high now. We know they like contact game but we are prepared with our tactics which we will deploy to win the match. Kakamega has proved to be a hard region to come out with a win but we are monks,” Opiyo said.
MMUST are eighth in the standings with 14 points trailing leaders Monks by 18 points. In the Bull Ring, Western Bulls welcome bottom-placed South Coast Pirates and head coach Bram Shikanda is confident they will win easily.
“We are third but our target is to be first. Pirates are having a bad season and we look forward to the tie,” Shikanda said.
- Hunt for playoff spots startsBasketball 2 days ago
- Kamworor smashes world half marathon record in CopenhagenAthletics 17 hours ago
- Hazard to make Real Madrid debut in La LigaFootball 2 days ago
- Kenya on brink of Davis Cup promotion Tennis 2 days ago
- Sharks prey on Leopards at Kasarani as Tusker host Mathare UnitedFootball 2 days ago
- Faith, Cheruiyot light up Nyayo as team namedAthletics 2 days ago
- Ngeno shocks top guns in Doha trialsAthletics 2 days ago