View the latest EPL table after Arsenal beat Chelsea 2-0
* Arsenal beat Chelsea 2-0 to revive top-four hopes
* Alexandre Lacazette put Arsenal ahead with a superb finish
* Pedro lobbed just wide for Chelsea
* Laurent Koscielny made it 2-0 off his shoulder
* Arsenal's Hector Bellerin went off on a stretcher
* Arsenal face Cardiff next, Chelsea at Bournemouth
Arsenal revived their hopes of a top-four finish with first-half goals by Alexandre Lacazette and Laurent Koscielny securing a comfortable 2-0 derby win at home to Chelsea on Saturday.
Victory, only Arsenal's third at home in the league against Chelsea in 10 years, left them in fifth place but cut the gap on their fourth-placed London rivals to three points.
A scintillating first half saw chances galore for Unai Emery's side who began the match in sixth spot after Manchester United's earlier win against Brighton and Hove Albion.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang should have scored early on but sliced wide from in front of goal but strike partner Lacazette was more clinical with a superb opener after 14 minutes.
Arsenal doubled their lead in the 39th minute when skipper Koscielny mistimed an attempted header but the ball came off his shoulder and beyond Blues keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Marcos Alonso headed against the post on the stroke of halftime for Maurizio Sarri's side who were perhaps fortunate not to be further behind at the interval.
Arsenal restricted Chelsea in the second half as the visitors enjoyed the lion's share of possession without ever opening up Arsenal's defence.
Not even the introduction of former Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud could liven up Chelsea's blunt attack.
The one sour note for Arsenal was the sight of Spanish right back Hector Bellerin leaving the field on a stretcher with what appeared to be a knee injury.
- Mo Salah ends goal drought in dramatic comeback win over SouthamptonFootball 2 months ago
- Former Man United superstar punished for breaking betting rulesFootball 1 day ago
- Mutyambai meets stressed Kiprop, promises to take care of himAthletics 1 month ago
- Six Legendary comebacks after Tottenham heroics on Wednesday nightFootball 1 month ago
- Blow to Harambee Stars as defender injured ahead of AFCONFootball 1 week ago
- Europa League final: Arsenal chase first European title in 25 yearsFootball 3 weeks ago
- 10 Premier League players that could be sold this summerFootball 1 month ago