AC Milan coach Gattuso handed one-game ban for threatening behaviour
AC Milan coach Gennaro Gattuso has been given a one-match touchline ban for threatening behaviour towards the referee at the end of his team’s 1-0 defeat to Juventus in their Italian Super Cup match on Wednesday.
Serie A said that “in a threatening manner, in the proximity of the referee, (Gattuso) loudly challenged one of his decisions as well subsequently, while awaiting the awards ceremony, addressing offensive and insinuating words.”
Gattuso will miss Milan’s Serie A match away to Genoa on Monday.
Milan had midfielder Franck Kessie sent off after a VAR review during the match in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and there were furious protests after they had a penalty appeal ignored late in the game.
- Supercomputer predicts how Premier League table will finishFootball 1 week ago
- Harambee star striker Allan Wanga finally graduates from University of NairobiFootball 1 month ago
- ‘Sometimes my body just says no’ – De Bruyne opens up on injuriesPremier League 2 weeks ago
- Post-mortem reveals Cardiff City star Emiliano Sala’s cause of deathFootball 6 days ago
- Oliech to make SportPesa Super Cup debut against Mbao FCFootball 3 weeks ago
- Man Utd's Martial, Lingard to miss Chelsea, Liverpool matchesFootball 2 days ago
- First photos of Conjestina Achieng emerge three months after entering rehabBoxing 1 month ago