AC Milan coach Gattuso handed one-game ban for threatening behaviour
AC Milan coach Gennaro Gattuso has been given a one-match touchline ban for threatening behaviour towards the referee at the end of his team’s 1-0 defeat to Juventus in their Italian Super Cup match on Wednesday.
Serie A said that “in a threatening manner, in the proximity of the referee, (Gattuso) loudly challenged one of his decisions as well subsequently, while awaiting the awards ceremony, addressing offensive and insinuating words.”
Gattuso will miss Milan’s Serie A match away to Genoa on Monday.
Milan had midfielder Franck Kessie sent off after a VAR review during the match in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and there were furious protests after they had a penalty appeal ignored late in the game.
- Meet Kenyan referee who will officiate AFCONFootball 5 days ago
- Wilfred Bungei: Alcohol nearly ruined meAthletics 2 months ago
- ‘Wise' Owino appeals against 10-year ban imposed by FIFAFootball 1 month ago
- Man Utd flop Alexis Sanchez FINALLY makes decision on his future, sends powerful message to fansFootball 3 weeks ago
- Eden Hazard’s Sh11.4bn move to Madrid to be announced after Europa League finalFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Gonzalez among six arrivals as Harambee Stars camp in France swellsFootball 1 week ago
- Slavia Prague 0-1 Chelsea: Marcos Alonso nets late winner for BluesFootball 2 months ago