JUST IN: Paul Pogba misses Manchester United’s training session ahead of Brighton clash
Paul Pogba and Nemanja Matic both missed Manchester United training on Wednesday ahead of the Red Devils' clash with Brighton.
The pair both recently became fathers - Matic for the third time and Pogba for the first - but temporary Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has not yet confirmed this to be the reason for their absences.
Pogba's girlfriend Maria Salaues gave birth sometime last week with Manchester United legend Bryan Robson appearing to confirm the news.
Robson told the Daily Mail: "When I saw Paul last week in Dubai with the United squad, I had a little chat and congratulated him on the birth of his baby."
Matic meanwhile posted a picture of his new baby girl Anika to Instagram just two days ago after his wife Aleksandra had given birth.
He said: "A new member of the Matic family, Anika is born today. Happy day for me and my family, new member of Matic family, thank you."
Pogba was pictured on a dinner date with Salaues at The Ivy in central Manchester on Tuesday night, apparently out celebrating the birth of their first child.
The Red Devils take on Brighton at Old Trafford this weekend where Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer will be looking to make it eight wins in eight.
It's unclear whether Pogba and Matic will be in contention to play.
- Man City star 'taunted by rivals after replacing childhood sweetheart with pregnant lover'Football 6 days ago
- Big blow for Kenyan athletics as Ruto fails doping testAthletics 2 months ago
- Footballer collapses, dies on pitch – day after speaking about his conditionFootball 1 month ago
- Inside Messi's training: Barcelona star wears camera to offer fans incredible insight [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Pacquiao to fight Thurman in WBA welterweight showdownBoxing 1 month ago
- Five football players who stood up to racial abuseFootball 2 months ago
- Migne’s faith drives OdhiamboFootball 1 week ago