Schools: Big field expected at Londiani contest
More than 100 schools will compete at the seventh Londiani Boys Schools Championships on January 26-27 at the school.
The tournament serves as dress rehearsal for Term One school games, which starts from level then county to regional championships.
Patrick Koech, the coordinator of the tournament, said he could not ascertain the number of expected teams since most of the schools register few days into the event.
The competition features six disciplines that include football, basketball, netball, volleyball and handball as well as badminton, lawn tennis and table tennis.
“We expect top schools from Rift Valley region to participate in the tournament but we welcome schools from all over the country,” he said.
Defending football champions Kamungoi Boys from Bomet are expected to face stiff competition from Njoro Boys and Sacred Hills of Londiani.
Londiani Boys are also expected to star in handball, volleyball and basketball as they won the titles last season.
Kericho’s Kabingoi are tipped to retain girls’ basketball title but Njoro Girls would give them stiff challenge. [Ben Ahenda]
- Manchester United fan handed football ban for attacking female stewardFootball 2 weeks ago
- De Bryune injury update – bad news for Man City fansPremier League 2 months ago
- Arsenal extend unbeaten run in four-goal thrillerFootball 2 months ago
- VAR: Was Guardiola being sarcastic on his VAR comments?Football 2 days ago
- Wanyama, Ozil, Mbappe and stars pay tribute to SalaFootball 2 weeks ago
- Man United locked in battle to sign the next CR7Premier League 6 days ago
- Lobi Stars 2 Gor Mahia 0: Heart break as Gor bow out out of the CAF Champions LeagueFootball 2 months ago