Yaya Touré’s contract terminated, quits Olympiakos after only three months and five matches
Former Manchester City and Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure is now free to find another club after Olympiakos terminated his contract by "mutual agreement".
A statement published on the club's website read: "Olympiakos and Yaya Toure would like to announce to the fans that they have mutually agreed to end their cooperation.”
"Yaya is leaving as a friend and the doors at Olympiakos will always be open for him. Our paths will surely cross again."
The Ivorian, who joined the Athens club in September following his Manchester City exit in the summer, departs Olympiakos after only three months and five matches.
The former four-time African Footballer of the year hasn’t played a match since the beginning of November and has made only three starts for the Greek club where he was substituted in all his starts.
Le club et Yaya Touré ont trouvé un accord à l'amiable pour résilier le contrat qui les liait. Le retour au bercail aura été un immense échec :https://t.co/fMiUw80Wa6— Olympiakos France (@OlympiakosFr) December 11, 2018
The 35-year-old had a number of offers in the summer, including some from the Premier League, but opted to join Olympiakos.
Toure was released by City after a limited role last season, bringing an end to eight seasons at the club where he won three Premier League titles, two League Cups and the FA Cup.
- Ataro among coaches awaiting Telkom callHockey 1 day ago
- Petr Cech to be offered chance to return to ChelseaPremier League 1 day ago
- Emery provides update on Ozil amid claims German could leave ArsenalFootball 15 hours ago
- Mourinho rejects opportunity to become top club managerFootball 1 week ago
- Warning shots: Guardiola tells Liverpool what Man City plan to doPremier League 2 days ago
- Confirmed: Aaron Ramsey's move from Arsenal to Juventus done dealGossip & Rumours 1 week ago
- Man United fans left fuming by what Arsenal have done ahead of FA Cup tieFootball 1 day ago