Yaya Touré’s contract terminated, quits Olympiakos after only three months and five matches
Former Manchester City and Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure is now free to find another club after Olympiakos terminated his contract by "mutual agreement".
A statement published on the club's website read: "Olympiakos and Yaya Toure would like to announce to the fans that they have mutually agreed to end their cooperation.”
"Yaya is leaving as a friend and the doors at Olympiakos will always be open for him. Our paths will surely cross again."
The Ivorian, who joined the Athens club in September following his Manchester City exit in the summer, departs Olympiakos after only three months and five matches.
The former four-time African Footballer of the year hasn’t played a match since the beginning of November and has made only three starts for the Greek club where he was substituted in all his starts.
Le club et Yaya Touré ont trouvé un accord à l'amiable pour résilier le contrat qui les liait. Le retour au bercail aura été un immense échec :https://t.co/fMiUw80Wa6— Olympiakos France (@OlympiakosFr) December 11, 2018
The 35-year-old had a number of offers in the summer, including some from the Premier League, but opted to join Olympiakos.
Toure was released by City after a limited role last season, bringing an end to eight seasons at the club where he won three Premier League titles, two League Cups and the FA Cup.
- Six top footballers dating women way older than themFootball 1 month ago
- Do you know Tiger Woods’ girlfriend? Meet the stunning Erica Herman [Photos]Golf 1 month ago
- How Griezmann could end up being a Man United playerFootball 4 days ago
- Arsene Wenger fires stern warning to Manchester UnitedFootball 3 weeks ago
- Drama in China marathon as race leader taken down wrong routeAthletics 1 week ago
- Daniel James transfer: Man Utd close on £15m Swansea star as Jadon Sancho alternativeFootball 1 week ago
- Why Gor Mahia need a ‘miracle’ tonightFootball 1 month ago