Jose Mourinho made one decision that led to Alexis Sanchez wanting to leave Manchester United
Speculation over Alexis Sanchez's future at Manchester United has intensified in recent weeks, with the forward reportedly set to leave in January.
The 29-year-old has so far failed to produce at the Old Trafford club and could quit less than a year into his lucrative contract.
Sanchez traded places with Henrikh Mkhitaryan in January, with the Armenian forward moving to Arsenal.
However, the Chilean has failed to replicate the form he showed at the Gunners and has only found the back of the net four times in 29 appearances.
Recent reports have claimed the forward cuts an isolated figure at the Red Devils, misses the buzz of London and only talks to three of his team-mates.
And according to the Daily Star, Mourinho's decision to bench Sanchez for the Manchester derby has only strengthened the Chilean's desire to quit.
The United boss started Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard for the 3-1 defeat at the Etihad.
Sanchez did come off the bench in the 73rd minute but was unable to inspire a Red Devils comeback.
The former Arsenal man was linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain, but it is now understood that the Ligue 1 giants have no interest in the forward.
However, there may be some hope for the Chilean. Spanish broadcaster El Chiringuito recently reported that the player's agent, Fernando Felicevich, is in talks with Real Madrid.
The Spanish giants could look to make a move in the January transfer window, with summer arrival Mariano Diaz struggling to make an impact since returning to the Bernabeu.
- Mathare United emulate Gor by exporting one of their brightest talentsFootball 1 month ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 month ago
- Joe Kadenge burial billed at Sh5 millionFootball 1 month ago
- REVEALED! Why there is no SportPesa Mega JackpotFootball 2 months ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 1 month ago
- Confirmed: Harambee Stars knocked out of 2019 AfconFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 month ago