BATE Borisov 0-1 Chelsea: Giroud header sends Chelsea through
Maurizio Sarri continued his unbeaten record as Chelsea boss although they were made to work for their victory over BATE Borisov.
The Blues made light work of their opponents a fortnight ago but this was a different story in Belarus.
Olivier Giroud got the only goal of the game as he headed in Emerson's cross but the hosts had chances to level it up - hitting the woodwork three times.
Dmitri Baga had hit the post in the first half from long range and Nikolai Signevich followed sit on the hour mark.
BATE pushed forward for a leveller late on and almost had it in added time when Aleskey Rios beat Kepa, but again the woodwork came to Chelsea's rescue.
The win takes the Blues into the knockout stages with four wins from four.
- Divock Origi set to join Victor WanyamaFootball 7 hours ago
- Manchester United star ruled out for weeks after horrific injuryFootball 13 hours ago
- Munala confirmed at KCB as the bankers sign seven Pipeline playersVolleyball and Handball 1 month ago
- Mesut Ozil doesn't care about football any more, claims Arsenal legendFootball 2 days ago
- Someone wins jackpot worth millions and disappears Sports 2 months ago
- Financial Abuse: UEFA warns clubs after Man City’s dirty linen leaksFootball 2 months ago
- Suarez’s girlfriend drops hint star is signing for ArsenalGossip & Rumours 15 hours ago