BATE Borisov 0-1 Chelsea: Giroud header sends Chelsea through
Maurizio Sarri continued his unbeaten record as Chelsea boss although they were made to work for their victory over BATE Borisov.
The Blues made light work of their opponents a fortnight ago but this was a different story in Belarus.
Olivier Giroud got the only goal of the game as he headed in Emerson's cross but the hosts had chances to level it up - hitting the woodwork three times.
Dmitri Baga had hit the post in the first half from long range and Nikolai Signevich followed sit on the hour mark.
BATE pushed forward for a leveller late on and almost had it in added time when Aleskey Rios beat Kepa, but again the woodwork came to Chelsea's rescue.
The win takes the Blues into the knockout stages with four wins from four.
- Transfer News LIVE: Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd latest plus Alexis Sanchez gossipFootball 2 weeks ago
- Juju man threatens to ‘sew’ KPL club over arrearsGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Football: Brain injury charity calls for temporary substitutionsFootball 2 weeks ago
- Why is Arsenal’s Lacazette on Barcelona’s official website?Football 3 days ago
- Premier League players to boycott social media in racism protestPremier League 1 month ago
- Watford 0-1 Arsenal: Gunners head into Premier League top fourFootball 1 month ago
- Photos: Ronaldo fans mock Messi after Barcelona beatingFootball 1 week ago