BATE Borisov 0-1 Chelsea: Giroud header sends Chelsea through
Maurizio Sarri continued his unbeaten record as Chelsea boss although they were made to work for their victory over BATE Borisov.
The Blues made light work of their opponents a fortnight ago but this was a different story in Belarus.
Olivier Giroud got the only goal of the game as he headed in Emerson's cross but the hosts had chances to level it up - hitting the woodwork three times.
Dmitri Baga had hit the post in the first half from long range and Nikolai Signevich followed sit on the hour mark.
BATE pushed forward for a leveller late on and almost had it in added time when Aleskey Rios beat Kepa, but again the woodwork came to Chelsea's rescue.
The win takes the Blues into the knockout stages with four wins from four.
- Why Ronaldo went home a sad man after loss to Man United – JuventusFootball 6 days ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 4 days ago
- Nakumatt tax Ushuru in battle for KPL slotFootball 4 weeks ago
- Nations Cup qualifiers: Kenya’s youngsters seek to finish job in Mauritius todayFootball 16 hours ago
- Mourinho facing the sack, Man United consider Pochettino as replacementFootball 5 days ago
- Vivian hails ‘strong’ Keitany after New York Marathon winAthletics 1 week ago
- Wenger puts PSG under pressure and he makes final January 1st demandFootball 3 days ago