Kenya Open: Kibet and Okutoyi win Kenya Open titles
Kibet, Okutoyi chalk up victories
Ibrahim Kibet and Angela Okutoyi are the 2018 Britam Kenya Open tennis championship. Kibet and Okutoyi were crowned yesterday after winning the men and women’s singles final at Nairobi Club.
The duo upset the form book when they beat the Changawa siblings Ismael and Shufaa to grab the top prize. Okutoyi made history when she downed three-time Kenya Open winner Shufaa to become the youngest player ever to win the title at the age of 14 years.
Young Okutoyi dominated Shufaa from the onset, easing to a 6-1 lead in the first set. Shufaa who was seeking to reclaim the country’s most prestigious tennis trophy, recovered in the second set as she engage a resilient Okutoyi in a neck-to-neck chase for victory. Okutoyi sealed her opponent’s fate when she broke the tie 7-6 (3) to win her maiden Kenya Open title.
Okutoyi said: “Winning against an experienced player and a three-time champion didn’t really cross my mind.
- Europe: Ajax squad set to be torn apart in the summerFootball 1 month ago
- Golf: ‘Clubnite’ to usher Standard Classic in Machakos Golf 3 weeks ago
- Chelsea, Arsenal fans troll Man United after loss to Barcelona Football 3 days ago
- Arsenal: Who was David Rocastle? Arsenal remember departed LegendFootball 2 weeks ago
- UCL: ‘We spoiled the party’ – MbappeFootball 1 month ago
- Kenyan star footballer busted kissing cop’s daughter, forced to produce cash Gossip & Rumours 1 week ago
- Trying time: Will Oduor Gangla save Kenyan rugby?Rugby 1 month ago