Gor to face Everton on November 6 â€“ Hereâ€™s what you need to know about the match
English Premier League side Everton will host Sportpesa Premier League giants Gor Mahia at Goodison Park on November 6 starting 10 pm.
Gor, 17-time KPL champions booked the trip to Liverpool after retaining the Sportpesa Super Cup following a 2-0 win over Tanzania’s Simba Sports Club in the final on June 10 in Nakuru.
The clash will be historic as it will see an East African club play on English soil for the first time.
Tickets retail at £5 (Sh650) for adults and £1(Sh130) for Under-18 or over 65 years. According to Everton, all proceeds from the match will be chanelled towards charity. It will be a second meeting between the sides. On July 13, Gor lost 2-1 to Everton at the National Stadium in Dar es Salaam.
Ahead of the exhibition match, Gor Mahia FC and Rwanda international striker, Jacques Tuyisenge, has warned Everton to brace for a tough test.
The SportPesa Premier League second highest top scorer (13 goals) has promised K’Ogalo fans a goal in the landmark clash.
“We are hoping for a good result. We are aiming for victory,” he said.
- Players' union wants matches postponed in extreme heatFootball 1 day ago
- Kabarak Half Marathon on tomorrowAthletics 1 day ago
- KPA MD Manduku flags off Bandari, welcomes TwahaFootball 1 day ago
- Malkia Strikers play well against Brazil, but still go down in straight setsVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- FKF Elections: Nyamweya, ex-Vihiga Governor Akaranga join frayFootball 2 days ago
- Barcelona starlet Fati granted Spanish citizenshipFootball 17 hours ago
- Kenyans ready to battle high temperaturesAthletics 1 day ago