Kenyans share the pain of Gor Mahia’s loss
In a game that saw clear-cut opportunities few and far between, Gor Mahia failed to book their spot in the CAF Confederation Cup quarter-finals after losing 2-1 to USM Alger in Algiers on Wednesday night.
Prince Ibarra put USM Alger ahead in the 35th minute before Amid Sayoud doubled the hosts’ lead 10 minutes to full time. Jacques Tuyisenge scored a consolation goal late on but it wasn’t enough to inspire the Kenyan champions front a comeback.
The loss meant Gor finished third in the group with eight points, one behind Rayon Sports who edged out Yanga 1-0 in Kigali.
Gor’s progress past this stage was always going to be tricky following the 2-1 defeat to Rayon Sports in Kasarani ten days ago.
Kenyans joined hands on social media to share Gor Mahia’s pain. Here are some of the reactions captured by Game Yetu:
Quite unfortunate, gor mahia management team is to blame, poor players management,— McAgaya (@AgayaMc) August 30, 2018
Now To Gor Mahia Fans, just come back to Earth, stop this Nonsense of u want to play with @juventusfc @FCBarcelona @realmadrid...concentrate on 1st getting your Own Offices not rentals, Own Stadium not National one etc — Ferdinand Otini™ (@ferdyotini) August 30, 2018
To tell the truth, Gor Mahia are loosing because this guys arr exhausted. Every weekend they are having a match and during the weekdays. So it's quite hard coz they need to rest. @TheOfficialKPL @OfficialGMFC @Nmwendwa — Elijah Muimi (@MuimiElijah) August 30, 2018
- Revealed! Why athletes put grass on their hair during racesAthletics 1 day ago
- Juventus 'hold Paul Pogba talks' Football 1 day ago
- Manchester United accidentally ‘announce’ transfer of goalkeeper [Photos]Football 9 hours ago
- Arsenal fans receive BAD NEWS on Welbeck’s injuryFootball 3 hours ago
- Kenya Simbas ready to roar againRugby 21 hours ago
- Kimanzi: Emerging Stars coach says his side can make Olympic historyFootball 21 hours ago
- Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane resign from Republic of Ireland jobFootball 6 hours ago