Why Real Madrid has ended their interest in Eden Hazard
Real Madrid are reportedly ready to cool their interest in Eden Hazard.
The Chelsea star has emerged as a possible marquee signing for Real following the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus.
Chelsea were thought to be looking for a world-record £200m for Hazard - but reports in Spain suggest Real have ruled out a move.
With the Premier League transfer window closing on August 9, they are well aware they would struggle to get the deal over the line.
And while the European champions are big admirers of the Belgian, new boss Julen Lopetegui feels he already has enough options.
AS reports Lopetegui is ready to shape his team around Isco ahead of the new campaign.
Isco was a regular during Lopetegui's stint as Spain boss and spoke glowingly about the confidence he had given him.
Such is the Real boss' admiration for the 26-year-old, he will not look to bring in any big-name signings in that position.
Real chiefs are also keen to aid Marco Asensio's development next season after his progress stalled somewhat last term.
It now remains to be seen what the future holds for Hazard, after he spoke openly about his future at the World Cup.
New boss Maurizio Sarri is determined to keep the Belgian and could offer him the Stamford Bridge captaincy.
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 1 month ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago