Why Real Madrid has ended their interest in Eden Hazard
Real Madrid are reportedly ready to cool their interest in Eden Hazard.
The Chelsea star has emerged as a possible marquee signing for Real following the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus.
Chelsea were thought to be looking for a world-record £200m for Hazard - but reports in Spain suggest Real have ruled out a move.
With the Premier League transfer window closing on August 9, they are well aware they would struggle to get the deal over the line.
And while the European champions are big admirers of the Belgian, new boss Julen Lopetegui feels he already has enough options.
AS reports Lopetegui is ready to shape his team around Isco ahead of the new campaign.
Isco was a regular during Lopetegui's stint as Spain boss and spoke glowingly about the confidence he had given him.
Such is the Real boss' admiration for the 26-year-old, he will not look to bring in any big-name signings in that position.
Real chiefs are also keen to aid Marco Asensio's development next season after his progress stalled somewhat last term.
It now remains to be seen what the future holds for Hazard, after he spoke openly about his future at the World Cup.
New boss Maurizio Sarri is determined to keep the Belgian and could offer him the Stamford Bridge captaincy.
- Kisii-based Shabana FC makes a return to the NSLFootball 2 weeks ago
- Cricket: Kenyans in nervy victory over SingaporeCricket 5 hours ago
- Manchester United team revealed as Jose Mourinho benches key playersFootball 1 week ago
- Gor Mahia coach Dylan Kerr resignsFootball 1 day ago
- How Liverpool’s Henderson helped Mourinho escape banFootball 2 weeks ago
- Rugby: Oilers ready for Kenya Cup debutRugby 5 hours ago
- Revealed: How Paul Pogba reacted after being stripped of vice-captaincyFootball 1 week ago