Gerrard's next Rangers signing revealed as he eyes another Premier League star
Steven Gerrard wants to make Reece Burke his next Rangers signing.
The new Ibrox boss snapped up Scott Arfield from Burnley earlier this week.
And now he has set his sights on landing highly-rated West Ham defender Burke.
The 21-year-old centre back impressed on loan at Bolton this year where his performances helped keep Wanderers in the Championship.
He has played 15 times for his boyhood club West Ham, scoring his first goal in the Carabao Cup earlier this season.
But the Premier League side are weighing up whether to cash in on the in-demand youngster or send him out on loan again.
Gerrard and Rangers face strong competition to land Burke.
Sheffield Wednesday are understood to be leading the chase for Burke’s signature on a temporary deal.
However Rangers are ready to offer a permanent switch, as do promotion hopefuls Aston Villa, Leeds and Reading.
Burke may not be the only West Ham academy graduate potentially leaving the club this summer.
Reece Oxford, who spent the season at Borussia Monchengladbach, is set to extend his stay in Germany.
- Sports ministry under fire: Officials cry foul over poor working relations with parent ministrySports 2 hours ago
- Sh 32 million sports academy lying underutilized in Taita-Taveta CountySports 1 month ago
- Lukaku sends powerful message to fans about Mourinho’s emotionsFootball 1 week ago
- Makueni beats Kisumu in sitting volleyball tourneySports 1 month ago
- AFC to Gor: Don’t open champagne cork yetFootball 1 month ago
- Hockey: Titans beat Multimedia University in Super LeagueHockey 1 week ago
- Ochieng shows how it’s done: Custodian trainer mentors budding talent in KayoleFootball 2 hours ago