Gerrard's next Rangers signing revealed as he eyes another Premier League star
Steven Gerrard wants to make Reece Burke his next Rangers signing.
The new Ibrox boss snapped up Scott Arfield from Burnley earlier this week.
And now he has set his sights on landing highly-rated West Ham defender Burke.
The 21-year-old centre back impressed on loan at Bolton this year where his performances helped keep Wanderers in the Championship.
He has played 15 times for his boyhood club West Ham, scoring his first goal in the Carabao Cup earlier this season.
But the Premier League side are weighing up whether to cash in on the in-demand youngster or send him out on loan again.
Gerrard and Rangers face strong competition to land Burke.
Sheffield Wednesday are understood to be leading the chase for Burke’s signature on a temporary deal.
However Rangers are ready to offer a permanent switch, as do promotion hopefuls Aston Villa, Leeds and Reading.
Burke may not be the only West Ham academy graduate potentially leaving the club this summer.
Reece Oxford, who spent the season at Borussia Monchengladbach, is set to extend his stay in Germany.
- Career change: Thierry Henry makes shock announcement World Cup 2018 23 hours ago
- Pussy Riot members charged for invading World Cup pitchWorld Cup 2018 22 hours ago
- Two France fans die in Moscow during violent World Cup celebrationWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- World Cup final pitch invader jailedWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Pogba reveals why he held World Cup trophy with shin pad during celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Golf-action moves to Karen course as KCB tourney kicks off-sports-golfGolf 21 hours ago
- Ronaldo targets Champions League glory at new club JuventusFootball 23 hours ago