Sir Mo Farah caught up in London Marathon 2018 controversy as Olympic legend takes wrong drink from table
Sir Mo Farah was caught up in controversy at the London Marathon as he took the wrong drink from a table.
The Olympic legend is bidding for glory in the 26-mile race on the streets of the British capital, but got off to a less than ideal start.
He picked up the wrong drink and had to run back to the station to collect his own on two separate occasions, throwing the wrong one on the ground.
It cost Farah a considerable amount of time and hurt his hopes of troubling the leaders.
Farah was still remonstrating over the incident as he carried on half a mile further, and picked up the pace to catch up with the pack, expending energy on a hot day in London.
Each athlete has their own allocated drink at each station, and Farah was informed after that his would be on table four for the rest of the race to prevent the same thing happening again.
Elsewhere, Scot David Weir claimed his eighth London Marathon title in the men's wheelchair race.
He held off his rivals in the final metres in a dramatic finish.
- Liverpool star who went from rags to riches Football 21 hours ago
- Juventus responds to Zidane’s return rumoursGossip & Rumours 6 hours ago
- Kylian Mbappe donates his World Cup earnings to charityWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Anderson leads locals at MastersGolf 17 hours ago
- Chelsea keeper Courtois: Latest news on the best keeper at the World Cup moving to Real MadridFootball 19 hours ago
- Focus shifts to KCB Karen Masters tourneyGolf 1 day ago
- Golf-action moves to Karen course as KCB tourney kicks off-sports-golfGolf 1 day ago