Sir Mo Farah caught up in London Marathon 2018 controversy as Olympic legend takes wrong drink from table
Sir Mo Farah was caught up in controversy at the London Marathon as he took the wrong drink from a table.
The Olympic legend is bidding for glory in the 26-mile race on the streets of the British capital, but got off to a less than ideal start.
He picked up the wrong drink and had to run back to the station to collect his own on two separate occasions, throwing the wrong one on the ground.
It cost Farah a considerable amount of time and hurt his hopes of troubling the leaders.
Farah was still remonstrating over the incident as he carried on half a mile further, and picked up the pace to catch up with the pack, expending energy on a hot day in London.
Each athlete has their own allocated drink at each station, and Farah was informed after that his would be on table four for the rest of the race to prevent the same thing happening again.
Elsewhere, Scot David Weir claimed his eighth London Marathon title in the men's wheelchair race.
He held off his rivals in the final metres in a dramatic finish.
- Gor Mahia eager to dim Lobi Stars at KasaraniFootball 15 hours ago
- Unbeaten Selecta are Division One champsFootball 3 weeks ago
- Sir Alex Ferguson 'banned' from Old Trafford for Manchester United matchFootball 2 days ago
- Hockey: Sailors win men’s Super League Hockey 6 days ago
- Kenya wins Copa Coca-Cola under-16 Africa Cup of Nations as they claim boys' and girls' titles Football 15 hours ago
- Hosts Kakamega Homeboyz beat AFC Leapards at Bkhungu StadiumFootball 15 hours ago
- 'Trophies matter', says Mourinho ahead of Man Utd-Liverpool clashFootball 15 hours ago