Man City striker Aguero to miss rest of season
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has undergone a knee surgery and faces a race to be fit in time for Argentina’s World Cup campaign.
The 29-year-old has not started a match since City’s 1-0 victory against Chelsea in the Premier League on March 4.
His last appearance came from the bench against Liverpool in the Champions League quarter-final second-leg last week when the striker claimed he “couldn’t run” after 24 minutes on the pitch.
“Recovering from an arthroscopy on my knee. Fully motivated to get back soon to the field,” Aguero wrote on his Twitter account on Tuesday.
With Premier League title wrapped up and City’s Champions League campaign ended by Liverpool, Aguero will not be rushed back on the field.
However, the striker is expected to be a key figure for Argentina, who play their opening World Cup match against Iceland on June 16.
- Things are not going well for Divock Origi at Liverpool after Klopp’s latest decision Football 23 hours ago
- Another Manchester City star suffers serious injury, set to miss rest of the seasonFootball 1 hour ago
- Mourinho reveals why Sanchez missed United's embarrassing 3-2 defeat to BrightonFootball 1 day ago
- Friends and family used me for cash! Jackpot winner regrets not saving after blowing millions Sports 1 day ago
- Joho to splash Sh1.2b on rotting Mombasa stadiumSports 20 hours ago
- Kenya reign supreme again at East Africa: Kenyan schools bag ten titles to retain overall East Africa crownSports 20 hours ago
- East Africa Secondary Schools: St Anthony’s and Trans Nzoia crowned hocky champsHockey 1 day ago