Governor Sonko bails Gor Mahia with air tickets ahead of crunch Caf tie
Nairobi County Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko has reportedly come to the rescue of Kenya Premier League Champions Gor Mahia by paying for 30 air tickets that will facilitate the traveling of players and technical team to South Africa for Caf match on Wednesday.
K’Ogalo are scheduled to play South Africa’s Supersport United at the Lucas Moripe Stadium for the return leg of the Caf Confederations Cup.
The 8PM match will be a decider for the two sides, even as the Green Army goes to the match with a slim 1-0 lead to their advantage.
Gor Mahia had postponed their traveling on Monday on the basis that some of the players had difficulties in acquiring travel documents.
Players such as Jacques Tuyisenge, Ephrem Guikan and Francis Kahata had been reported to have encountered obstacles in acquiring traveling documents.
- Swimming: Kioko stars in Coast Novice galaSports 3 hours ago
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Athletics: Lorita and Cherono triumph at annual Mombasa marathonAthletics 3 hours ago
- Kenya beat Malawi in a friendly matchFootball 1 week ago
- Another Kenyan runner busted for dopingAthletics 1 month ago
- Stars play Malawi Flames today: Bandari’s Shikalo and Sofapaka’s Mutamba in line for starting rolesFootball 1 week ago
- Basketball: Zetech dribble closer to playoffs slotBasketball 3 hours ago