Governor Sonko bails Gor Mahia with air tickets ahead of crunch Caf tie
Nairobi County Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko has reportedly come to the rescue of Kenya Premier League Champions Gor Mahia by paying for 30 air tickets that will facilitate the traveling of players and technical team to South Africa for Caf match on Wednesday.
K’Ogalo are scheduled to play South Africa’s Supersport United at the Lucas Moripe Stadium for the return leg of the Caf Confederations Cup.
The 8PM match will be a decider for the two sides, even as the Green Army goes to the match with a slim 1-0 lead to their advantage.
Gor Mahia had postponed their traveling on Monday on the basis that some of the players had difficulties in acquiring travel documents.
Players such as Jacques Tuyisenge, Ephrem Guikan and Francis Kahata had been reported to have encountered obstacles in acquiring traveling documents.
- Sir Alex Ferguson 'banned' from Old Trafford for Manchester United matchFootball 18 hours ago
- Man United striker Lukaku has finally spoken about his body, reveals his problemFootball 3 days ago
- Finally! Chelsea boss Sarri reveals what they did to Man City to end their unbeaten runFootball 4 days ago
- Aprot and Kimitei to light up Kapsokwony raceAthletics 11 hours ago
- Kenya battle Zambia for final berthFootball 11 hours ago
- Arsenal star out for rest of the seasonFootball 1 week ago
- Chepkoech one step away from best athlete awardAthletics 3 weeks ago